UNIBEN PGD in Forensic science and DNA analysis admission form for 2018/2019 is now on sale. You can now go ahead to apply for the University of Benin 2018 Postgraduate in Forensic Science and DNA Analysis.
The purpose of the Post Graduate Diploma in Forensic Science and DNA Analysis is to offer training on DNA Analysis and to introduce the student to the science of DNA typing methods by focusing on basic techniques used in the Forensic DNA laboratories.
With high level of mortality/morbidity due to road traffic accident (RTA), flood disasters, militancy, kidnapping, robberies, aviation/marine disasters and often repeated cases of mass burials of unknown dead victims and dispute in paternity of babies or adult, the need for forensic science infrastructures cannot be ignored in our society.
Apart from DNA Analysis there are several other disciplines of forensic that are applied every day. Through the programme, the Centre intends to cover several of the disciplines with the available human resources.
Other available disciplines are: Forensic Toxicology, Forensic Pathology, Digital Forensic, Forensic Odontology, Forensic Document Examination, Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology and Social Works, Legal Forensic (Criminal investigation and trials). Forensic Accounting/Auditing, and several others.
See also: UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission
This program aims to:
- Provide exemplary forensic science education in diverse disciplines at the graduate level
- Select students who have successfully completed an undergraduate science or arts or other disciplines degree with a strong GPA and who aspire to become the future forensic scientists in the various forensic science laboratories
- Develop in these select students the skill necessary for working in this profession including ethics, integrity, the ability to devise innovative methods and techniques and the capacity to integrate new technology.
This comprehensive program incorporates a unique curriculum that balances breadth and depth of study through scholarly coursework which incorporates the logic and workings of the criminal justice system.
In depth coursework covers the theoretical underpinnings of the biological and physical sciences as used in the collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting of evidence as well as its use as evidence during trials.
Duration/Mode of Study:
- Full-Time ”“ One Academic Session (Minimum 9 months)
- Part-Time -Two academic sessions (Minimum 18 months)
Application Opening/ Closing Dates
To be determined by the Post Graduate School Course Tuition
- Course Fee:”¦”¦..
- Laboratory/Field Exposure Fee”¦.
- General criteria: Graduates from all fields/disciplines from reputable tertiary institutions (both universities and polytechnics) from within and outside Nigeria are eligible to apply.
- Waiver criteria: Mature citizens/ officers in civil service, the military, industries and parastatals with cognate experience in related disciplines/career may be granted some forms of waiver.
Requirements for Admission:
Forensic science and DNA Analysis is a multidisciplinary field, and as such, University of Benin welcomes applications from students from any background with strong undergraduate records in the biological, chemical or physical sciences, legal, art, social science as well as those in engineering fields.
International and domestic students with diverse backgrounds have been successful in our program.
The following are prerequisites that must be met in order to be considered for admission to the program.
- WAEC/NECO /GCE /O’ Level with five credits including Mathematics and English.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND
Applicants must have already completed a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S. or HND.) in sciences, arts, law, or in any felid from an accredited higher institution or university.
Waiver may be considered for those who are above 45 years old especially those in the Military, Para-military such as Police, Immigration, Prison, Customs, FRSC, INEC and other government establishments with focus on Forensic.
Applicants must have completed the minimum equivalent to earn a degree or HND in any discipline from an accredited Universities or polytechnics in Nigeria as stipulated above
Applicants must list courses taken to satisfy the prerequisites on the application for admission.
Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a five-point scale. Applicants with a technical GPA of 2.5 or higher on a five-point scale are better prepared for this admission.
However there will be a waiver as stipulated above for those with work experience in the Military, Para military such as Police, Immigration, Prison, NDLEA, Customs, FRSC, INEC, and other relevant government establishment.
The University of Benin, Benin city does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer related or genetic characteristics), ancestry, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or service in the uniformed services (includes membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service.
How To Apply
Information on the modalities for application may be found on the University of Benin Post Graduate School website as well as from the Centre for Forensic Programmes and DNA Studies in the University. Visit www.myuniben.org, Click on Online Application, Start a new Application, Continue then select Programme Type.
Read Also: Uniben pgd admission form
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- SEARCH FLASH LEARNERS
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ABOUT BECE, WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND JOBS GUIDE
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- SPECIAL TOPICS FOR PARENTS
- Jamb Series Part 16: Jamb WhatsApp Group - Sep 20, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 47: Candidates Who Applied To Your School - Sep 19, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 49: Things You Can Do With Jamb Profile - Sep 18, 2020