NABTEB Literature Syllabus And Hot Topics To Read For 2021 NABTEB: If you have been wondering how to get NABTEB Syllabus Online Plus hot topics you are to focus on in Literature then Guide is for you.
The aim of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) Literature Syllabus for 2021 is to ensure that you are well prepared for the exam. You may also click here for how to Pass 2021 NABTEBonce and for all without Expo.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
Note that some of the Novels are likely to be changed. Immediately the registration is announced, you will be informed about the recent Novels to use for NABTEB 2021 Literature in English.
NABTEB LITERATURE SYLLABUS 2021
PAPER I – OBJ Questions based on:
- (a) General literary principles
- (b) Literary Appreciation and Techniques
- (c) Contextual questions on Africa and Non-Africa drama set books.
- (d) Unseen Prose and Poetry Passages.
PAPER 2: DRAMA AND POETRY
SECTION A: AFRICAN DRAMA
One of the following texts should be studied:
- Wole Soyinka: The Trials of Brother Jero
- Athol Fugard: Sizwe Bambi is Dead.
SECTION B: NON-AFRICAN DRAMA:
- Shakespeare: The Merchant of Venice
- George B. Shaw: The Taming of the Shrew.
Recommended: Nabteb syllabus for all subjects
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
SECTION C: AFRICAN POETRY
- (i) Traditional: “My Song Bursts”
- (ii) Traditional: Salute to the Elephant
- (i) Oswald Mitshali: “Night fall in Soweto”
- (ii) Henry Barlow: “Building the Nation.”
- (iii) David Rubadiri: “ An African Thunderstorm”
- (iv) Niyi Osundare: “Ours to Plough not to Plunder”
SECTION D: NON-AFRICAN POETRY
John Kents: “Ode to Nightingale” Robert Burns: “Red Red Rose”
John Donne: “ Death be not Proud” T.S. Eliot: “Journey of the Magi” William Blake: “A poison Tree” Alfred Tennyson: “Ulysses”.
PAPER 3 – PROSE
SECTION A: AFRICAN PROSE
One of the following texts should be studied (1) Buchi Emecheta: Slave Wife
(2) Ngugiwa thiong’o : Weep Not Child
SECTION B: NON-AFRICAN PROSE
(1) Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol
(2) Sir Rider Haggard: King Solomon’s Mines
RECOMMENDED REFERENCE BOOKS AND ANTHOLOGIES
- A Section of African Poetry, introduced and annotated by K.E. Sehanu and T. Vincent (Longman)).
- The Penguin Book of English Verse, edited by John Hayward (Pengiun).
- Any poetry Anthology containing the recommended poems.
- Eustace Palmer: An Introduction to the African Novel (HEB).
- E.N. Obiechina ”“ Culture, Tradition and society in the West African Novel (Cambridge).
- Boris Ford ”“ The Pelican Guide to English Literature: (7 volumes).
- Niyi Osundare: The Eye of the Earth (Poems)
Heinemann Frontline Series Heinemann Educational BooksNigeria Limited. Ibadan 1986.
- Ben Omonode: Introduction to Literature; University of Benin Press, Benin City.
Literary materials should be taken from prose, poetry and drama texts.
2. Literary Appreciation
i. Appreciate figurative
expressions, imagery and style in literary texts.
ii. Identify qualities of a good text.
2.1 Qualities of a good text (a) Language
passages of appropriate level of complexity in which many figurative expressions are appreciated.
Figures of Speech should be discussed extensively
3.1 Literary Genres: (a) prose
(b) Poetry (c) drama
(i) Incident (ii) characters (iii) plots
Literary styles common to the different literary genres should be highlighted.
speech and literary styles in any given literary piece.
play-within-play, plot, setting, mode of narration, aside etc.
1.4 Figures of speech (i) simile
Trainees should be encouraged to write poems, short stories and short drama pieces to be put on stage.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?