This is to bring to the attention of the general public that sales of forms for admission of new intakes into the School of Health Information Management [SHIM], [OAUTHC], Ile-Ife for 2020/2021 academic session is on-going.
Interested candidates must have sat for the UTME examination and obtained five (5) O’Level credits at not more than two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and Chemistry are eligible to apply.
BLAST POST UTME 2021 » Post UTME Past Questions And Solutions » Post UTME Likely Questions And Answers » Free Post UTME Videos For All Topics
In addition to the above, all applicants must know that final admission into the school shall be based on the JAMB-UTME approved cut-off marks as later decided by JAMB for polytechnics, Monotecnics and Colleges of Education in the 2020/2021 academic session.
Candidates seeking for ND admission must have obtained the minimum entry requirements of five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in the WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the following subjects,
- English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry and any other subject such as Physics, Agric Science, Geography and Economics.
- Candidates must sit for the 2020 JAMB examination and must meet the cut-off points [i.e.as stipulated by JAMB] and chose the school as their first choice in JAMB applications.
- Candidates intending to pursue the 2-year HND programme must have obtained in addition to 5 credits at O’levels, the National Diploma Certificate (not below Lower Credit) in Health Information Management, together with an evidence of completion of one year (compulsory) Industrial Attachment in a reputable health institution.
- Professional Diploma/Technician Certificate in Health Information Management by HRORBN can also apply for HND programme.
- Pregnancy is not allowed during training.
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
Selection of candidates will be based on the possession of requisite academic qualifications, good performance in both the written examination and oral interview. The written examination for ND applicants will be tested in:
- English Language
- General paper
For the HND programme, applicants will be tested in English Language, Mathematics, Health Records Management, Statistics and Knowledge of Medical Terminologies. Selected candidates will be required to pass the medical fitness examination.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested ND applicants are to pay a non-refundable fee of N2,000.00 while HND applicants are to pay N6,000.00 through REMITTA payable to OAUTHC, Ile-Ife account.
NAME OF SERVICE/PURPOSE: STUDENT’S FEES
DESCRIPTION: 2020/2021 SHIM FORM.
On presentation of the evidence of payment, application forms are to be collected from;
School of Health Information Management,
OAUTHC, P.M.B. 5538,
Completed application forms must be returned to the Head of School not later than August 24th 2020. Post Jamb examination/oral interview for all applicants comes up between Wednesday 26th ”“ Friday 28th August, 2020 in the School premises by 9.00am.