Have study abroad plans but unsure where to study? Students from Nigeria and other Anglophone countries love Canada to obtain and further their education for many reasons as Canada is such a reputable place to study for undergraduate or postgraduate degrees.
Here, we thought it important you look at the top 7 reasons students like you are choosing Canada to achieve their study abroad plans.
List of Some Canada’s Study Abroad Programs
- Exchange programs that allows students to spend a semester or a year studying in Canada while earning credits toward their degree.
- Students willing to improve their English or French language skills can get access to several language programs in language schools across Canada. Language programs often combine classes with other cultural activities.
- Undergraduate programs are popular for international students to pursue and earn full degrees in various disciplines including engineering, humanities, law, medicine, and others.
- Universities across Canada welcome local and international students to further their studies for Masters and Doctorate degree programs.
- Some Canadian institutions have work-study programs for students across various disciplines. Work-study programs help students gain practical work experience while pursuing an academic degree.
- Research programs are available in Canadian universities and research institutions, providing students at the graduate level opportunities to work on research projects in collaboration with professors and researchers.
- Summer programs are also available for students to explore areas of interest or specific subjects for a short term during the summer months.
- International Foundation programs give international students the opportunity to apply and enroll since they did not meet the entry requirements for direct admission to Canadian universities.
- Other study abroad plans for students around arts, design or animation are available through Art and Design programs in disciplines such as animation, fine arts, fashion design, and graphic design
7 Reasons Students Choose Canada to Study Abroad
1. The Quality of Life in Canada
Canada has a high standard of quality of life and consistently ranks among the safest countries globally. Students who school here have access to an excellent healthcare system, social services, robust internet, and other necessary infrastructure.
2. Academic Excellence
Choosing Canada to study abroad means experiencing exceptional academic standards, distinguished faculties, and cutting-edge research opportunities. Canada has a reputation for hosting reputable universities across the world that provides high-quality education that enhances students’ academic credentials and future career prospects.
3. Affordable Tuition Fees
Many top Canadian universities’ tuition fees are affordable for international students as they constantly offer a wide range of scholarships, grants, and funding options to support students’ financial workload.
4. Ethnic Diversity
Canada appeals to students from around the globe for its ethnic diversity and cross-cultural connections. There is no nationality that is not represented in the country. This enables students to enjoy a mixed cultural setting, learn new language skills, and nurture a global perspective.
5. Guaranteed Work Opportunities
One reason students study abroad is to be gainfully employed in top reputable companies and organizations. This is a known fact as students quickly secure top opportunities to work in their home countries after studying in Canadian institutions. Also, students can easily work and pursue desirable careers in Canada and other first-world countries.
6. Permanent Residency
Study permits can potentially pave the way toward permanent residency for international students as Canada actively welcomes skilled professionals to contribute to the well-being of the country. Students who apply for Canadian study abroad programs can begin to process how they can become permanent residents.
7. Beautiful Outdoor Lifestyle
Canada is actually beautiful and full of outdoor recreational activities that attract students to seek adventure and explore. From world-class ski resorts to stunning national parks, students can enjoy beautiful outdoor activities which contribute to overall academic well-being and study abroad experience.
While you may choose to study in Canada, it is important to note that specific study abroad programs may vary across institutions. Visit the websites of Canadian universities to explore the study abroad options that align with your academic goals and interests.