Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, issues an urgent warning to both its university community and the general public about the increasing incidents of social media scams. These scams involve individuals cloning the social media accounts of the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Kabiru Bala, to defraud unsuspecting persons.
ABU, Zaria Alerts On Scammers Impersonating The VC
|Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
|🚨 Alert Subject
|Scammers Cloning VC’s Social Media
|🕵️♂️ Scam Since
|📱 Platforms Used
|WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.
|🎭 Scam Nature
|Fake contracts and job offers
|🛡️ Public Caution
|Urging vigilance against scammers
|👮♂️ Security Measures
|University Security and other agencies working to track scammers
|📣 Official Warning
|Public advisory issued
Rise of Impersonation Scams
Modus Operandi of Scammers
- Scammers have been engaging in deceptive practices by impersonating the Vice-Chancellor on platforms like WhatsApp and Facebook.
- Their fraudulent activities often revolve around fictitious contracts for the supply of computers and alluring job offers.
Persistence of Scam Activities
- These criminal activities have been recurring since 2020, coinciding with Prof. Kabiru Bala’s tenure as the Vice-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University.
University’s Response and Public Caution
- Ahmadu Bello University is committed to regularly updating the public about these scams to enhance awareness and vigilance.
- The University Security Division, in collaboration with various security agencies, is actively working to track down and prosecute these fraudsters.
- Public Vigilance: The university strongly urges everyone to remain cautious and vigilant against such deceptive practices.
In summary, the university community and the general public are advised to be alert and skeptical of any suspicious communications claiming to be from the Vice-Chancellor or other university officials, especially those about contracts or employment opportunities. Remember, staying informed and cautious is the best defense against these fraudulent activities. If you encounter any such scams, please report them to the relevant authorities immediately. Stay safe and protect yourself against these unscrupulous scammers.
I hope you find this article helpful.