The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) stands as an eminent public, non-profit organization fervently committed to stimulating economic policy research and training across the African continent. AERC has been pivotal in bridging the skills gap among professional economists in both Francophone and Anglophone African nations. The Consortium is inviting applications for its PhD Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023/2024, providing an exceptional opportunity for ambitious individuals from various sub-Saharan African countries.
AERC PhD Scholarship Program
|🌍 Origin||African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)|
|🏫 Universities||Listed top-tier universities in sub-Saharan Africa|
|📖 Fields||Economics, Agricultural Economics, and related areas|
|🎯 Eligibility||Honors in Economics and a relevant Master’s degree|
|📊 Advantage||Preference for women and applicants from post-conflict states|
|📄 Documents||Cover letter, CV, admission evidence, transcripts and certificates|
|🕐 Deadline||August 31, 2023|
|🔗 Apply||Via respective university and upload required documents on AERC portal|
AERC’s Mandate and Mission
The AERC’s mandate is underpinned by the belief that sustainable development in sub-Saharan Africa is attainable through high-quality, local economic expertise. Their strategic intent encompasses a two-pronged approach:
- Research: AERC stimulates intellectual discourse and provides a fertile ground for high-impact policy research.
- Graduate Training: They offer rigorous academic programs designed to prepare students with the skills necessary for advanced economic policymaking.
Applicants must meet several criteria to qualify for this scholarship:
- Educational Background: A Second Class Honors (Upper Division) or its equivalent, in Economics, Agricultural Economics or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Advanced Study: A Master’s Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or a related area, complete with both coursework and thesis components, from a recognized institution.
- Publication: Having at least one publication in a peer-reviewed journal offers a distinct advantage.
- Professional Experience: Proven engagement in public sector economic research, management, or training will further strengthen the application.
- Gender and Special Groups: Female applicants and those from post-conflict or fragile states, especially AERC PhD Bridge Program alumni from the classes of 2017 and 2018, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Process: How to Apply?
Applicants must direct their admission applications to the university of their choice among the listed CPP universities. Each university’s application procedure can be obtained from their official website. Upon receiving an admission letter, applicants should proceed to upload the following documentation on the AERC scholarship portal:
- Application Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Admission
- Certified Transcripts and Certificates
I hope you find this article helpful.
For more detailed information, please visit the official AERC PhD Scholarship website.