Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) stands as the foremost pan-African development institution, fervently championing economic growth and societal advancement across the vast African continent. Its commitment is unparalleled with a member count reaching 81 states, of which 54 are in Africa (dubbed Regional Member Countries).
AfDB Internship Program Pan-African 2024
|🏦 Institution||African Development Bank (Established in 1964, 81 member states)|
|🔋 Focus Areas||Power, Energy, Agriculture, Human & Social Dev., Infrastructure, and more|
|🌱 Internship Objectives||Acquire professional experience, potential future recruitment|
|⚖️ Eligibility||Age < 30, enrolled in master’s program, fluency in English or French|
|💻 Software Knowledge||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; SAP desirable|
|📝 Application Method||Online application with comprehensive CV|
|💡 For More Info||Visit AfDB Internship website|
|🗓️ Deadline||October 26, 2023|
The primary vision of the Bank revolves around extending both financial and technical assistance for transformative projects. These endeavours promise a marked reduction in poverty, paving the way for inclusive and sustainable economic growth. The Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) serves as the Bank’s roadmap, with a clear focus on five pivotal sectors to amplify developmental outcomes for Africa. These sectors encompass energy, agro-business, industrialisation, integration, and enhancing the quality of life for the African populace.
The Internship: Bridging Theory and Practical Expertise
In alignment with the overarching Talent Management Framework, the AfDB introduces the Internship programme. Not only does this programme resonate with the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy and its High 5s, but it also harbours dual objectives:
- Offering students a unique platform to garner professional insights and hands-on experience under the aegis of the African Development Bank.
- Equipping the Bank with a reservoir of potential future talents for recruitment.
However, it’s pivotal for applicants to recognise that an internship doesn’t necessarily translate to immediate employment within the Bank.
Strategic Focus Areas
The program emphasises multiple disciplines and professional arenas that mirror the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy and its gender strategy. Beyond the Bank’s conventional job families, the focus accentuates areas such as:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialisation
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
For a candidate to be deemed eligible for the internship, the following conditions must be met:
- Age Limitation: Applicants should have reached the age of majority in their respective countries and must be below thirty (30) years old at the internship’s outset.
- Educational Prerequisite: Enrollment in a master’s degree programme at a renowned public or private tertiary institution is mandatory. The application window is open for a year post-degree attainment.
- Nationality: Exclusively open to nationals from African Development Bank member countries.
- Language Proficiency: Mastery over at least one of the Bank’s primary working languages (English or French) is essential.
- Technical Acumen: Proficiency in standard software tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Familiarity with SAP is a coveted skill.
Interested individuals will only be considered upon submitting a comprehensive online application coupled with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- For those already employed at the African Development Bank as regular staff, applications can be made here.
- If you aren’t presently engaged with the African Development Bank or serve as a Short Term Staff, Technical Assistant, or Consultant, apply here.
For an in-depth understanding of the programme, visit the AfDB Internship page.
Application Deadline: October 26, 2023