The Fully Funded Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships accepts applications from Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Malawi citizens for pursuing master’s degrees in the UK or South Africa. The next round of Beit Scholarships to be awarded is for the academic year beginning September 2024 for universities in the UK and January 2025 for universities in South Africa.
Fully Funded Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024
19 February 2024
South Africa, United Kingdom
The Beit Trust
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships are stated below:
1. By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there, and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
2. Applicants must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2023. Relevant work experience after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards a scholarship award.
3. Doctors and Vets should have completed 18 months of internship and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi.
4. The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
5. The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class Honours degrees (or equivalent) at the undergraduate level.
CHECK ALSO: UBTH COLLEGE OF NURSING POST-UTME FORM
The benefits of the Fully Funded Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships are:
1. Fees, tuition costs, and related academic expenses. These are paid by the Trust directly to the Partner Universities.
2. A personal allowance, index-linked by guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
3. Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop, and departure.
4. Economy Class tickets are provided for the initial journey to the place of study and on final return.
5. No allowances are paid for spouses, family members, or dependents.
Please ensure you have all the documents below ready to upload electronically. Once you start the application process, you must complete it, as you cannot save answers and return to it later. However, you will be able to scroll through the form before you begin filling it in. You will be required to upload the following documents with your application:
1. A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
2. A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at a South African Partner University/s.
3. Degree results (incl. certificates of importance and full transcripts).
4. Curriculum Vitae (CV).
5. A personal statement to explain in your own words (no longer than 500) how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
6. A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
7. A clear copy of your valid passport, showing the date of issue and expiry. Please ensure it is valid for the duration of your proposed studies and that sufficient blank pages are available to accommodate visa and travel stamp requirements.
I hope you find this article helpful.