Helicopter Association International (HAI) is delighted to announce the Bill Sanderson AMT Scholarships for the academic session 2023-2024. The scholarship program offers full tuition coverage for a maintenance course selected from a range of options provided by different airframe and powerplant manufacturers. Additionally, recipients will receive a monetary stipend of up to $1,600 US to help with expenses related to travel, lodging, and food. Each year, up to seven deserving candidates will be granted this scholarship.
Bill Sanderson AMT Scholarships in the USA 2023/2024
Helicopter Association International (HAI) is a prominent non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the helicopter industry worldwide. With its headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, HAI serves as a valuable resource and advocate for helicopter professionals, operators, and enthusiasts. The association fosters safety, innovation, and professionalism within the industry through various initiatives, educational programs, and events.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Helicopter Association International (HAI)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: AMT Course
- Award: Full tuition and a monetary stipend of up to $1,600 US
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to seven scholarships annually
- Nationality: Open to all nationalities
- The award can be taken in USA
- Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates must be members of HAI.
- Candidates must be about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician school and have their A&P certificate by March 2024, or have received their A&P certificate within the last two years.
- Non-US citizens must have completed their respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests and provide proof of international citizenship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should follow these steps to apply for the scholarship: Join HAI if not already a member. Gather the required documents, including proof of enrollment, resume/CV, two letters of recommendation, and A&P certificate copies (if applicable). Submit a completed application along with all required documentation.
- Supporting Documents: Proof of Enrollment: Letter from FAA-Approved Part 147 School or International Equivalent’s aviation school, including representative’s name, title, organization, mailing address, telephone, email, and FAA Part 147 Certificate Number. If international, provide the country’s FAA-equivalent information.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One from Part-147 AMT School or international equivalent’s Program Director, Administrator, or Instructor, and one from an employer, instructor, or other individual familiar with the applicant’s maintenance background, training, and experience.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria stated above.
- Language Requirement: There is no specific language requirement mentioned for the scholarship.
The selected candidates have tuition coverage for an AMT course from the specified manufacturers. A monetary stipend of up to $1,600 to assist with travel, lodging, and food expenses.
Complimentary full registration to HAI HELI-EXPO 2024 in Anaheim, California, for the scholarship recipient and a guest (travel and hotel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest).
I hope you find this article helpful.