Deadline: 17 Oct 2023 (annual)
Study in: UK
The course starts Sept/Oct 2024
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth Countries 2024
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s study in the UK are offered to citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Level and Field(s) of study:
Eligible Masters Degree Programme at a UK University
Number of Scholarships:
Citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country:
Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, and Zambia
Each scholarship provides airfare to and from the United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, stipend, thesis grant (if applicable), and warm clothing allowance, among others.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
• Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
• By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
• Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
• Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS USA
The CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships. All applications must be made through one of these nominating bodies: national nominating agencies (this is the main route of application) or selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies.
Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.
You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application form that you are required to complete by your nominating body. All applications must be submitted by 17 October 2023, 17:00 BST at the latest.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the EAS system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/
I hope you find this article helpful.