The Fully Funded DAAD DIES University Training Program in Germany is accepting applications from developing countries’ citizens. The program enables young managers at higher education institutions in developing and emerging countries to successfully tackle everyday challenges. In order to do so, the program brings together the topics of Project Management, Strategic Management and Academic Leadership, and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant. So far, more than 500 participants from over 50 countries have taken part in the UNILEAD training courses.
Focuses on three key areas:
1. Project Management. This includes courses on Methodology of Project Management and Financial Management in projects.
2. Strategic Management & Academic Leadership. This includes courses in theoretical basics and practical tools for the development and implementation of Strategic Management and the acquisition of competencies in the area of Leadership.
3. Human Resource Management. This includes courses on instruments of Human Resource Development, Conflict Management, and Communication.
DAAD DIES University Training Program in Germany 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded DAAD DIES University Training Program in Germany are stated below:
1. Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities no longer than 4 years in one of the following fields:
a) Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education; excluding academic units such as Deans, Vice Deans, and Head of Department)
b) Taskforce managers for university reform projects o Managers of staff development units or programs
c) Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable. Phone interviews will be organized with short-listed candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency.
Further criteria are:
1. Applicants are university leaders preferably between 30 and 40 years.
2. Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
3. The provision of international experience will be an asset.
READ ALSO: HAVARD UNIVERSITY MBA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Fully Funded DAAD DIES University Training Program in Germany will cover the following expenses:
1. Course costs for participation in UNILEAD.
2. Travel costs Flights to and from Germany (Economy class) and ground travel to and from Oldenburg (2. class train).
DIES kindly asks the participants to make their own travel arrangements – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg.
3. Accommodation (including breakfast) and Welcome and Leaving Dinner at the two contact phases in Germany.
4. Emergency health insurance during the contact phases.
5. Expected co-funding: Participants’ home institutions are expected to contribute to the course costs by paying a one-time fee of 300,00 €. In addition, local transportation in the participants’ home countries and visa costs for the stay in Germany have to be covered by the participants and/or their home institution.
The strict closing date of the application is October 11, 2023, 10.00 a.m. Central European Summer Time. The following information and documents are requirements for an application:
1. Application Form including a clear practice-oriented Project Proposal – using the online form provided on the website.
2. Letter of Motivation including date and signature – uploaded to the online application form as a pdf file.
3. Letter of Recommendation from university top management (President/Rector or Vice-Chancellor/Vice-Rector of the university) including date and signature. The letter should describe and emphasize the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies, and the future potential of the candidate – uploaded to the online application form as a pdf file.
4. Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) will be an asset (pdf-file). The Selection Committee composed of high-profile higher education management experts meets in November 2023. The selection criteria are based on the following points:
a) Personal profile match
b) Motivation letter
I hope you find this article helpful.