Whether you’re planning a first date or a special outing with your significant other, choosing the perfect place can set the stage for a memorable and romantic experience. In this article, we present the top 10 places to go on a date, each offering a unique and charming atmosphere for you and your companion to enjoy.
When we are discussing first dates, we talk about a few categories like first dates when the couple have not seen before but spoken with each other on the phone, dates with people we have never seen or spoken to before, or first dates with people we have seen, and spoken to. Below are some of the best places to go on a first date.
Top 10 Best Places To Go On A Date With Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend
1. See a drive-in movie: For you, to see a movie is not really the best idea for a first date this is because it gives no room for personal communication and getting to know each other.
Movie theaters are built in such a way that it allows no one talk as everyone is required to keep mute and watch the movie. Therefore an alternative move is to go to a drive-in movie centers that way it allows you and your date some privacy enjoy your movie and talk, you could discuss your favorite scene, talk about the actors and all without bothering anyone around you.
2. Check out a street or music festival: Street festivals and music festivals are amazing first date destinations that people ignore. You would be surprised how great theses festivals are and how much it can affect your first date positively. Festivals are not too hard to find as they are could be found within 10 or 20 miles if you look hard enough.
This position was asserted by Dr. David Bennett, a certified counselor and relationship expert. Street festivals often involves good food, rides, free shows, free music, at least you get to watch people have fun while you talk about yourselves to each other.
3. Mini Golf: If you love sports and you know your date does too, then you go play some sports or even a mini Golf. People get to know each other and their conversation level at this kind of things. Also it saves you from awkward silence if peradventure it pups up in the middle of the date or at the beginning. Ensure you do not force them into doing this, that is, if they are not into sports.
Playing this game putt-putt, there is an almost cliché to it making it have an overly wholesome feel to it, which can work in your favor, by making you appear like someone who does not take things too seriously and this for you could be an attractive trait. By the time you are done, you must have had lots of laughs because of the game and in the end, will just go grab a bite to eat or treat her to some ice cream cones.
4. Tea House/Room: The classic standard coffee date. The best thing about this form of dates if that it encourages lots of face to face confrontation and conversation while you casually sip you coffee which research has shown that it helps induce a warm interpersonal feelings towards the other person.
If you wish to retain these two elements but have your date in a place that is less casual and more formal, then a tea house is the best idea for you, not those kinds of tea houses where you meet exquisite ladies in their formal attires and big hats and expensive looks. Instead to a less excusive tea house which is classic but not too classic and more formal than a coffee shop. A classy, “gender-neutral” kind of place where you can taste gourmet teas in a zen-like atmosphere and snack on tasty victuals. Plus, if the second Karate Kid film had anything to teach, it is that tea ceremonies are a prelude to a first kiss.
5. Picnic: Another first date suggestion is a picnic. Picnics has a long way to go when it comes to building attraction on the first date. For you to go on a picnic, it tests some of your few skills, first, it get to test and also allow you demonstrate your ingenuity and skill in assembling the food to bring for you and your date to eat, and also your skill in choosing the perfect spot to set up your picnic camp.
When choosing a spot, it is important that you go for an impressive location, one which has the perfect view of sunset, this would promote you in her eyes because most women who has got a scout like knowledge of the terrain. Make sure not to set your first date picnic on a very secluded place, this is because your date would be scared and very uncomfortable.
Secondly, always go to beautiful spots where nature has out done itself, this is because nature is an incomparable backdrop for a date, as it’s been shown to promote and introduce all kinds of positive feelings.
6. Amusement Park: Another first date destination is the amusement parks, this is because it noting gets the butterflies fluttering like the laughs, joy, fun and thrills offered in amusement parks. From the darkened tunnels spook house to the suspenseful climb up the rollercoaster, there will be lots of hand touching and holding of hands.
As an added advantage, an opportunity to show your strength as a man, and also an opportunity to win her a stuffed animal.
7. Minor League Sports Game: Attending a minor league sports game is another idea for a great first date, this is because attending a professional game is something you do with your best friends and violates the affordable tenet of best first dates.
Spectating is considered to go a little side by side in nature, however, minor leagues are so casual and laid back that it won’t eat into your conversation time, you could easily turn to the other to converse.
8. Pottery Painting: Pottery painting is another first date activity that you could easily pull off. There are lots of places where there are already made pre-made ceramic pieces that you could paint with your date. This activity is more fun and soothing than you could expect it to be and would be an amazing activity when done with your date.
This form of activity is best suited for mellow and introverted people, therefore, if you date falls under this category, try taking them to a place like this. It is also easier to sit face to face and paint with her.
9. Museum: Another first date destination is the museum. In a museum, you would never run out of things to say (this is helpful for people who do not talk much) when going through the museum’s exhibits. The museum backdoor can promote the conversation to go beyond the usual first date conversation restrictions. Many museums are free and affordable, providing the couple with an opportunity to have casual talks and also get to understand each other’s perspective on life based on how they appreciate art.
A visit to the museum is a guaranteed way of killing off any awkward silence that may arise. This is because there is a long list of conversation started all around you in the building. As an added advantage, many museums have café inside so if things are going well with the date, you could easily stop for a quick bite and also extend the date.
10. Visit a farmers market: Another destination venue for a first date experience is the farmers market. There are so many reasons why this is recommended for first dates, one of the reason is because it happens in an open and public place therefore, it will make your date feel save around you. For people who are socially nervous, it gives them lots of things to discuss.
In conclusion, first dates shouldn’t cause you any form of stress, it is all about health conversation and getting to know the other person better. Therefore go with the flow and enjoy yourself.