Ebonyi State University (EBSU) in Abakaliki has officially inaugurated its admission procedures for the undergraduate courses of the 2023/2024 Academic Session. The registration window for both Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (P-UTME) and Direct Entry candidates is open.
|Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki
|2023/2024 Academic Session
|Open for Post-UTME and Direct Entry
|UTME score of 140+ & EBSU as first choice
|N2,000 processing fee
|14th September, 2023
|Online screening of O’level results
|Via EBSU portal, includes payment invoice generation
Eligibility Criteria for EBSU’s Post-UTME and Direct Entry Admission
EBSU Post-UTME Qualifications
Candidates aiming to participate in the EBSU Post-UTME exercise must have scored 140 or above in the 2023/2024 UTME. In addition, they must have opted for Ebonyi State University as their first choice of institution. However, candidates wishing to change their first choice to EBSU are also encouraged to do so.
Note: It’s imperative to remember that some academic departments in EBSU have set their cut-off marks well above 140. Candidates are advised to consult the EBSU Departmental Cut-Off Marks for specific cut-off marks per department.
READ ALSO: UBTH COLLEGE OF NURSING POST-UTME FORM
Direct Entry Requirements
Candidates opting for Direct Entry admission and who have selected EBSU as their first-choice institution can partake in the online screening. Candidates considering changing to EBSU for Direct Entry are equally welcome.
Steps to Register for the EBSU Post-UTME and Direct Entry Examination
Fee and Invoice Generation
Eligible candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of N2,000.
Online Registration Procedure
- Navigate to the EBSU Post UTME Portal.
- Click on ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS.
- Select either the POSTUTME form or the Direct Entry form, as applicable.
- Input your JAMB registration number accurately.
- Select ‘Log in’ to generate your payment invoice.
- Proceed to pay the fee at any bank or complete the payment online using a debit card.
- After payment, revisit the portal to complete the application form.
- Ensure to use your personal email and phone number for the registration.
Important Points to Note
- Candidates waiting for NABTEB, WAEC (May/June), and NECO (June/July) 2023 results are eligible to apply.
- Inconsistency in names across different documents may lead to disqualification.
- Physical screening is not required.
- Candidates will be notified about their admission status via the EBSU portal.
- It’s mandatory to upload O’level results to both EBSU’s and JAMB’s portals for admission recommendation.
- Admission offers must be accepted within four weeks on the CAPS or JAMB portal; otherwise, the offer will be rescinded.
Direct Entry Additional Steps
Direct Entry candidates should request their previous institutions to forward their transcripts to EBSU’s Registrar.
The final date for the submission of applications is 14 September 2023.
In summary, this comprehensive guide aims to facilitate your application process for Ebonyi State University’s 2023/2024 academic session. Good luck with your application.
I hope you find this article helpful.