Edo State University (EDSU), Uzairue, Edo State, Nigeria, is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for admission into its Postgraduate Programs for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. The university offers a wide range of programs leading to Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master Degree (M.Eng, M.Sc., MPA, M.A, and MBA), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) across various faculties.
Edo State University Postgraduate Admission Form 2023/2024
Edo State University Postgraduate Courses
- PGD, MSc/MA. PhD in Accounting, Economics, History and International Studies, and Microbiology
- MSc, PhD Biochemistry and Political Science
- PGD, MPA and PhD in Public Administration
- MBA in Business Administration
- PGD, M.Eng. . M.Phil., and PhD in Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- PGD, MSc, MPhil, and PhD in Computer Science, Business Administration, Mass Communication and Medical Laboratory Science(Options: Chemical pathology, Haematology and Blood Transfusion Science, Histopathology, Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Immunochemistry)
Edo State University Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
A candidate applying for any Postgraduate program must possess five (5) Credits at SSCE (WAEC/NECO/ GCE ‘O’ Level), NABTEB and or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. NYSC certificate or exemption letter is required for admission into all Postgraduate programs.
- Postgraduate Diploma program (PGD)
- A First Degree not less than Third Class Honors in relevant fields may be considered.
- Candidates with HND in relevant field may be considered.
- Any relevant professional qualification
- Master Degree program (M.Eng, M.Sc., MA, MPA, MBA)
- A Minimum of Second Class Honors (Lower Division) degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diploma at credit level
- Any relevant professional qualification adjudged to be equivalent to the above
- Master of Philosophy program (M.Phil.)
- Candidate must have a Master Degree with a weighted average score of not less than 50% (CGPA of not less than 3.0 on a 5 point scale).
- PhD program
- Master’s degree with a weighted average score of 60% and above (CGPA of not less than 4.0 on a 5 point scale)
- Candidates who do not make up to 60% (≥ 55% or CGPA of not less than 3.5 on a 5 point scale) or deficient in some prerequisite courses especially from another institution may be required to register for the M.Phil/Ph.D. program. The Department may prescribe appropriate courses for candidates whose academic record is considered deficient for the area of specialization.
- In addition, PhD applicants should submit a concept note/ research proposal of not more than 450 words along with their application form
EDSU Postgraduate Programs Duration
Postgraduate Diploma Program:
- A minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four (4) semesters.
Master degree program:
- The duration varies with the program and as approved by the Senate of the University
- Minimum of four (4) semesters or three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
Master of Philosophy :
- A minimum of (2) semesters and a maximum of (4) semesters
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD):
- A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
How to Apply for Edo State University Postgraduate Admission Form
Prospective students can apply online by visiting the Edo State University Uzairue website: www.edouniversity.edu.ng. Each application must be accompanied by an application fee payment of Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25,000).
Read Also: Bells University Postgraduate Admission Form
The deadline for applications is the 30th of September, 2023. For further enquiries, please contact The Postgraduate School, Edo State University, Uzairue, Edo State, Nigeria, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 09025412171, 08064888518, and 07033670802. You can also visit the university’s website at www.edouniversity.edu.ng.