How do I apply for Top Engineering Jobs In Nigeria? You’re about to get Answers to your Questions about Engineering Jobs in Nigeria. Working as an Engineer can be fun if you’re passionate about what you do.
The dream of every Engineering Student is to get a high paying Engineering Job after graduation. If you’re an Engineering student or Graduate in Nigeria and wondering about how to get and apply for any Engineering Jobs, this guide is for you.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
Qualifications For An Engineering Job
Engineering is a wide field. Let me begin by listing the various Engineering departments; They are:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Microelectronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Paper Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Photonics Engineering
- Nanotechnology Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Ceramics Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Geomatics Engineering
- Food Engineering
Recommended: Latest Jobs in Nigeria
Paper Qualifications you need for Engineering Jobs are:
- Foundational degree is always accepted maybe like an HNC or HND most preferred BSC but furthering your educational say to a PhD or Master’s level is usually an added advantage to your promotion.
- Skills in the required fields are usually considered.
- Experience: in most companies, before you get employed, you must have gotten a degree of experience in the field to back up your educational qualification.
- Your level of knowledge is also tested to prove efficacy. Gaining an educational qualification in most companies is not a guarantee that you are well equipped. You may have to undergo a test before you will be employed to work there.
- Some courses include a year in the industry. Alternatively, you could organize your own work placement within a company. After completing your training, you could then go onto higher-level courses like an HND or degree, or progress to a higher apprenticeship, like advanced manufacturing engineering.
Engineering Skills Required
Like I had already stated, you may be required to possess some exceptional skills e.g.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical knowledge
- The ability to manage projects
- A high level of IT ability
- Commercial and budgeting skills
- You must be ICT friendly or literate.
Where You Could Work As An Engineer?
These are places someone who studied Engineering can work:
- Oil and gas companies
- Food factories
- Chemical companies
- Petroleum industries
- Mechanical industries
- In government house
- As a constructor
- As a plan builder
Roles You May Play?
Your day-to-day duties will vary according to your role, but could include:
- turning research ideas into technical plans, using computer-aided design/modelling (CAD/CAM)
- carrying out surveys of mechanical systems and equipment
- researching and assessing new products and innovations
- presenting design plans and data to managers and clients
- producing other technical documents
- supporting the contract team when bidding for new work
- overseeing maintenance programmes and quality control
- managing and leading a project team of technicians, designers and other engineering professionals.
How to Apply For Job Recruitment?
Application for employees are usually announced online or on TV but in cases where they are not announced, you can do yourself the favour of checking in some companies that may not post notice boards even though they need workers.
Note: These companies will never require money of any sort from you, so if you come across some sites demanding money from you, then know it’s not genuine.
- You could apply online by sending your application to these companies via their domain with a scanned copy of your CV bearing your passport.
- You can also get into this job through an apprenticeship.
Recommended: Job vacancies in Nigeria
FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?