ESUT departmental cutoff marks have been released, which were posted through the university’s website at www.esut.edu.ng. In light of this notice, I enjoy all the aspirants of ESUT to quickly go through the cutoff marks below to know the stipulated scores for their courses.
For those who still don’t understand what ESUT departmental cutoff mark is about; ESUT cutoff marks are the stipulated scores or marks by the management of ESUT for admitting students into different faculties of the institution. Thus, if you want to gain admission into ESUT, you must meet up to the required cutoff point for your course.
I strongly advise you to check the video below for a better and clearer explanation of the difference between the JAMB general cutoff mark and the university cutoff mark. Here, you will see how both of them are essential for admission in 2023.
Is ESUT General Cutoff Mark For 2023/2024 Out?
Yes! The prestigious Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) has finally released her departmental cutoff marks for all courses in 2023/2024 session. Candidates who intend to gain admission into the university are encouraged to scroll below this page to see more information the news.
Meanwhile, it is also pertinent to know that ESUT doesn’t officially release her cutoff marks through the school’s website anymore. Thus, the cutoff marks listed here are not absolute and they may change over time.
JAMB Official cutoff mark for ESUT 2023/2024
JAMB cutoff mark for Enugu state university (ESUT) in 2023 is 150. This means that before any student will be offered admission into ESUT this year, he/she must score at least 150 in JAMB examination. However, you should not forget that ESUT is at the discretion to increase or decrease this cutoff point at any time. For instance, in 2019, students who had 170 in JAMB and did very well in Post UTME screening were able to gain admission in ESUT.
ESUT Departmental Cutoff Marks for 2023/2024 Academic Session
- Applied Microbiology – 150
- Architecture – 150
- Applied Biochemistry – 150
- Accountancy and Accounting – 150
- Agricultural science and Education – 150
- Agricultural Engineering – 150
- Adult Education – 150
- Biology – 150
- Biochemistry – 150
- Computer Engineering – 200
- Civil Engineering – 150
- Chemical Engineering – 150
- Vocational and Technical Education – 150
- Technology and Vocational Education – 150
- Food Science and Technology – 150
- Animal Science and Fisheries Management – 150
- Physical and Health Education – 150
- Guidance and Counselling – 150
- Agronomy and Ecological Management – 150
- Agricultural Economics and Extension – 150
- Educational Management – 150
- Educational Foundations – 150
- Public Administration – 150
- Marketing -150
- Educational Administration and Supervision – 150
- Education and Chemistry – 150
- Insurance and Risk Management – 150
- Cooperative and Rural Development – 150
- Education and Biology – 150
- Education and Mathematics – 150
- Business Administration – 150
- Sociology and Anthropology – 150
- Psychology – 150
- Political Science – 150
- Mass Communication – 150
- Geography and Meteorology – 150
- Economics – 150
- Banking and Finance – 150
- Microbiology – 150
- Mathematics and Statistics – 150
- Industrial Physics – 150
- Industrial Mathematics/Statistics – 150
- Geology and Mining – 150
- Industrial Chemistry – 150
- Computer Science – 150
- Medicine and Surgery – 200
- Anatomy – 200
- Law – 200
- Urban and Regional Planning – 180
- Surveying and Geoinformatics – 180
- Quantity Surveying – 180
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering – 200
- Mechanical/production Engineering – 180
- Land Surveying – 180
- Estate Management – 180
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 200
- Building technology – 180
Note: In summary, ESUT cutoff mark for all courses and faculties in the institution is 150 except for difficult courses like Law, Medicine, Pharmacy and Nursing, which is placed at 200.
It is advisable to also note that ESUT does not only check cutoff marks as the only requirement for admission into the institution. Other requirements are also considered and they will be listed and explained below.
General Requirements For Admission Into ESUT (2023/2024)
It is very imperative to know that ESUT consider many other things (Aside cutoff marks) when offering admission to students. Below are the requirements for admission in Enugu state university (ESUT):
- Candidates must score, at least, 5 Credits (including English language and Mathematics) in their O’level result. O’level results here can be your WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB certificate.
- Candidates must take part in the university’s post UTME screening if it is conducted.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 at least.
- Candidates who wish to gain admission into ESUT must make the university their first choice to be offered admission.
- O’level result must not be more than two sittings
Other Things You Should Know About The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
1. It was ranked 83rd best university in Nigeria by Ad Scientific Index: The AD Scientific Index, a well-known international ranking organization with its headquarters in Turkey, placed Enugu State University of Science and Technology, or ESUT, as the 83rd-best university in Nigeria in 2023 out of 276.
The university’s ranking has increased over the past six years; it is currently ranked 9,878 out of 21813 institutions worldwide and as the 457th-best institution in Africa. Given that it is frequently cited as one of Nigeria’s top state universities, it is a significant accomplishment and deserves appreciation.
3. It was founded as Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH): His Excellency, Chief Dr. Jim Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo, the former Executive Governor of Anambra State, established the Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH), which is now known as the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), by decree number 7 on July 30, 1980. ASUTECH became the Enugu State University of Science and Technology in 1991 when the then-military President General Ibrahim Gbadamasi Babangida split Anambra State into Enugu State.
3. The university has produced famous graduates: Over the years, ESUT graduates have included some of the most well-known individuals. Among them are Dave Umahi, a former governor of Ebonyi State, Sandra Ezekwesili, a public speaker, Nigerian Broadcast Journalist, and Radio Presenter, Tessy Okoli, the 4th Provost of Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze, Chika Okpala, Nigerian comedian, Blossom Chukwujekwu, a Nigerian actor, Osinakachukwu Ideozu, Nigerian businessman and Politician, Nkiru Sylvanus, Nigerian actress; are just a few.
This is all I have on ESUT 2023/2024 departmental cutoff marks currently. Remember to always check back on this page from time to time if you want to be informed whenever there is any updated information about ESUT departmental cutoff marks for 2023/2024 academic session.
My advice for aspirants is that; if your cutoff mark is far lower than the one given by ESUT, quickly apply for JAMB change of course and institution form immediately. On the other hand, if you score is not too low, just keep calm and pray that you will be admitted in the university’s supplementary list.