The Fully Funded Commonwealth Fellowship in the UK is for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries to spend a period of time at a UK host organization working in their sector for a program of professional development.
The purpose of this fellowship is to provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Fully Funded Commonwealth Fellowship In UK 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Commonwealth Fellowship in the UK are stated below:
1. Be a citizen of, or have been granted refugee status by, an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
2. Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
3. Have at least five years full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the fellowship program, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
4. Be in employment at the time of application at an organization that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
5. Provide at least two references, one of which must be from their current employer. Any applications for which references are not received by the reference closing date will be considered ineligible.
6. Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
7. Not be seeking to undertake an academic program of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programs of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject.
8. Be available to undertake their fellowship within the full duration of the prescribed dates.
READ ALSO: LUTH SCHOOL OF NURSING POST-UTME FORM
The benefits of the Fully Funded Commonwealth Fellowship in the UK are:
1. Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
2. Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
3. Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,944 per month or £2,397 per month for those at organizations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels)
4. If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information
5. Arrival allowance of up to £1,061.10 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing
6. For the Gender and Sexuality program a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organizations)
7. A maximum of £3,000 per fellow can be agreed upon by host organizations for short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organizations where this forms an integral part of the program. Host organizations should bear in mind the restrictions set out in our guidance on claimable costs.
I hope you find this article helpful.