The essay competition is in honour of the upcoming launch of the Global Changemakers blog.
They invite anyone aged 15-30 from anywhere in the world to share their views, stories, creative writing pieces, journalism pieces, personal experiences, opinions etc. on the overarching competition theme of ‘We Are Global Changemakers: Young People Leading The Change.’
Here are some prompts to inspire ideas:
- Youth and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Youth-led organisations
- Youth participation
- Youth and social innovation
- Youth-led activism
- Youth civic engagement
- Youth-led social entrepreneurship
- Your own choice relating to Global Changemakers mission of supporting youth to create positive change towards more fair, inclusive and sustainable communities.
Global Changemakers Essay Competition Eligibility
- Anyone aged 15-30 from any country is welcome to submit an entry into the competition.
Global Changemakers Essay Competition Prizes
They will select three winners and five runners up. They will also award a number of “honourable mentions”.
- The winners will receive free access to resources available on Changemakers School for a period of 6 months and will be featured on Global Changemakers social media channels (160K+ reach)
- The runners up will receive a 50% discount to resources available on Changemakers School for a period of 6 months.
Winners, runners up and honourable mentions will receive certificates, will be published on the upcoming blog We Are Global Changemakers and will receive an open invitation to contribute to the blog.
Global Changemakers Essay Competition Evaluation Criteria
- Theme: How essay creatively relates to the competition theme or one of the topic prompts;
- Focus and Details: Whether essays are well focused and supported;
- Organisation and Ideas: How original ideas are, how they are presented and whether they capture the readers’ attention;
- Use of Conventions: Whether spelling, grammar and punctuation interrupt reading and detract from the meaning of the essay;
- Voice: Whether the writers unique perspective is shown.
How to Submit Entries for Global Changemakers Essay Competition
Essays must be submitted in English using the official submission form before midnight Central European Time on March 15, 2020. Essays should be between 3000 and 7000 characters (with spaces) in length and should be the writers own work.
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES