The Fully Funded Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship is accepting applications from the citizens of developing countries. The goal of this Fellowship Program is to strengthen the capacity for global mental health implementation science in South and Central Asia and/or East Africa. The Fellowship Program is a joint initiative of the Aga Khan University’s Brain and Mind Institute and the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School. The Program supports post-doctoral research fellows in conducting implementation science research designed to translate prevention, assessment, and treatment interventions to specific settings and vulnerable populations in low- and middle-income countries.
Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship are stated below:
1. Open to individuals who have received their Ph.D. or completed their MD with a research thesis degree by December 01, 2023
2. Applicants should have a record of academic achievement (for example, prior peer-reviewed publications), and have demonstrated a commitment to pursuing a career in global mental health research, particularly in service to the geographies served by Aga Khan University and the Aga Khan Development Network.
3. Candidates from developing countries are preferred
RECOMMENDED: THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII SCHOLARSHIP IN THE USA
The benefits of the Fully Funded Global Mental Health Postdoctoral Fellowship are:
1. Employed on a regular University payroll
2. Receiving a paycheck from Harvard
3. Working at least 17.5 hours per week or paid at a base annual rate of at least $15,000
Interested applicants should submit the following as one PDF to Dr. Zul Merali, Director, Brain and Mind Institute, email@example.com for consideration:
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter outlining interest in the fellowship.
3. Personal statement of no more than 1,000 words addressing the candidate’s passion for a career in impactful research on mental health in LMICs, or how the candidate demonstrates commitment to the issues and countries where they plan to carry out future work.
4. Writing samples or publication examples (no more than three total)
5. Names and contact information for three references.
6. Confirmation of completion of an MD with a research thesis degree or award of a PhD by December 01, 2023.
I hope you find this article helpful.