Google Travel Google is delighted to offer Google Travel and Conference Grants for selected conferences in Computer Science and related fields.
The Google Travel Grants are available in North America for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology.
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients- a $500 reimbursement to retroactively be used toward airfare and accommodation cost (will be awarded after the conference).
Google is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
To be eligible for a grant to attend a conference in North America, applicants must:
- Be a resident if North America
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Work or study in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or a technical field related to the conference subject
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Be able to attend the core day(s) of one of the conferences listed below:
- ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference
- Tech Inclusion Conference ”“ SF 2019
- Society of Women Engineers ”“ WE 19
- Society of Hispanic Engineers Conference (SHPE) 2019
- Neural Information Processing Systems Conference (NIPS) 2019
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: Apply here
Financial Aid and Award Money:
If you are selected, they will contact you with conference registration details and information about how you will receive your $500 post-conference reimbursement.