The Fully Funded Hong Kong PhD Fellowship is accepting applications from internationals. It aims to recognize academically talented, brilliant, and motivated students who exhibit leadership qualities. People worldwide are welcome to apply for the fully funded fellowship program regardless of nationality, ethnicity, academic background, religion, and political interests. The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship seeks students with extraordinary academic excellence, research ability and potential, leadership qualities, and communication skills.
Research Grants Council introduces the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme 2024-25 to choose the world’s brightest minds and provide them with an opportunity to pursue free research at the top universities of Hong Kong. Students can apply for any of the two host universities to use their exceptional potential, abilities, and skills. It is a good opportunity to pursue free Ph.D. research in an Asian country without spending much money, as the Hong Kong fellowship program is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The host organization will cover all the expenses related to this international Ph.D. fellowship in Hong Kong, including travel allowance, research expenses, annual stipend, and other support if required. Fully funded HKPFS 2024 provides a wide range of fields and universities to students so that students can easily select the university and subjects of their choice. It is an amazing opportunity for international students to pursue their PhD in Hong Kong for free.
It provides an international platform for students to connect and interact with students from different cultures with high intellectual levels and skills. Now, students from all over the globe can study for free in Hong Kong through this amazing PhD fellowship in Hong Kong. You will get to study at any of the leading universities in Hong Kong. The applicant must possess leadership, communication, and research skills to be selected. Moreover, the education quality and academic system of Hong Kong is one of the finest, which will give an everlasting educational experience. There will be 300 awards waiting for the right candidate. The fellowship duration is three years, meaning this is a three-year fully funded fellowship grant in Hong Kong.
Fully Funded Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship 2024
1 December 2023
Research Grants Council
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Hong Kong PhD Fellowship are stated below:
1. Applicants must be fresh, full-time PhD students.
2. They can be from any nationality.
3. In case the primary medium of education was not English, they had to provide an English proficiency certificate.
4. Furthermore, applicants must prove that their university’s medium of education was the English language.
5. If the applicant is not a fresh PhD student, he/she may apply for this program if he/she gets admission to any other new full-time PhD programs.
6. Students must demonstrate outstanding academic performance.
7. Applicants must choose their university from the list of host universities.
8. Moreover, the Hong Kong fellowships require research potential, leadership skills, and good communication.
CHECK ALSO: SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE AWARD (SINGA)
The benefits of the Fully Funded Hong Kong PhD Fellowship are:
1. Annual stipend of HK$331,200 (up to three years).
2. Travel allowance of HK$13,800 for conferences and research-related travels.
3. The host university will also provide additional support if the PhD lasts three years.
4. Applicants don’t need prior work experience for this Hong Kong PhD fellowship.
5. Opportunity to conduct free research at international laboratories.
6. The fully-funded fellowship in Hong Kong will allow international students to study freely in Hong Kong.
- Want to know how to apply for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2024-25?
- Interested applicants have to apply separately for the university and this program.
- You must complete the initial application through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme electronic system (HKPFSES).
- After the submission of the application for the fellowship, applicants will receive a reference number.
- You can apply to 2 universities and in 2 separate programs.
- Applicants must apply for their desired university/universities and provide the reference number in the university application form.
- In case you forget to mention the HKPFSES reference number, the application will be considered regularly, not for the fellowship.
- Each host university has a different deadline; make sure you fill out your application form as soon as possible to receive the reference number before the deadline.
- There are two steps for the application process of HKPFS:
- Step 1: Initial Application Submission to Research Grants Council:
- Starting date: September 1, 2023, at 12:00 noon Hong Kong Time
- Guide for the complete process of the Initial Application (PDF format)
- HKPFS Online Application – Initial Application
- Step 2: Submit Applications to Proposed Universities:
- After submitting the initial application for fellowship, they must submit a full application for their chosen Ph.D. programs to the selected universities, mentioning their HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ deadlines. For more details, applicants must refer to individual universities and Ph.D. programs for detailed information.
I hope you find this article helpful.