Medicine and surgery is the most competitive course here in Nigeria. Hence, there is more demand for medical Jobs.
If you are a graduate of medicine or similar course and in need of high paying medical jobs around, then keep on scrolling. I am about to share the hot medical jobs around.
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
Medical Jobs In Nigeria
The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) is the professional association and registered for Nigerian doctors and dentists.
The NMA has more than 35,000 members from 36 state branches and the branch from the federal capital territory, including those registered in the Diasporas.
NMA’s membership spans all six major specialties of Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Public Health and Laboratory Medicine/Pathology. The NMA was established in 1951 and is located in Abuja with over 30 branch offices throughout Nigeria.
HOW TO BECOME A DOCTOR
- With your SSCE or NECO, sit for jamb
- Earn an Undergraduate Degree. The path to becoming a doctor begins with a bachelor’s degree program
- Pass the MCAT
- Attend Medical School
- Complete Residency Training
- Get Licensed.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEDICAL APPLICANTS
There are many career opportunities open to a medical doctor or surgeon. You could work in different fields of specialty including;
- General practice
- Public health
Apart from attending medical school, there are certain qualifications you may have to meet up to before you are employed in some hospitals and these are as follows;
- Must have MBBS
- The individual must possess certificates of full registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Must be a fellow and recognized as a consultant in his/her specialty
- The individual must be computer literate.
- Minimum of one (1) year post NYSC experience in a health industry or other related health institution with current practicing license.
- Must be registered with MDCN.
- Computer Literate; Proficient in Microsoft Office Software Package.
- Must be a team player
- Must have good oral, analytical, interpretive and written comprehension skills, strong management skills and willingness to train.
- Must possess adequate clinical and diagnostic skills
- Surgical skills will be an added advantage
- Must have strong patient relation skills.
- Candidate is expected to possess excellent communication skill.
Tasks And Responsibilities:
- Collaboration with the rest of the medical team regarding current medical strategy and activities in place;
- Co/Supervision and participation in service training of medical staff
- Collaborate in monitoring of current activities and availability of needed materials
- Ensure respect of MSF protocols and guidelines by all members of the medical team
- Assistance in data collection related to future medical strategy;
- Participates in management of workplace accidents (accidental exposure to blood, etc.) in collaboration with PMR;
- Responsible, in collaboration with the PMR, for the circuit and follow-up of national staff health;
- Initial consultation, prescriptions, and, if needed, referral to appropriate structures
- Follow-up and record keeping, while respecting confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THESE VACANCIES
Different vacancies are open in different seasons of the year, which is why you need to keep your ears on grounds for latest information and updates on recent jobs in Nigeria and beyond.
Usually, most hospitals and medical firms do advertise their vacancies online, mode of application, qualification and application deadline but you will need to play your part in order to get this information by availing to check several websites and visit some of the hospitals who may not go public with their demands.
Most applications are always online, you may be asked to submit your CV and application letters online. Please note; you will never be asked to pay any money online for anything, so be treat wise. Know your right; we’ll help you with recent updates if you need.
See Also: Five persons you need to grow in career.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?