Aspiring leaders and budding entrepreneurs eyeing the 2023/2024 academic session at James Hope University (JHU) Business School will find this blog post invaluable. We’re detailing the application process, admission requirements, and financial details for the prestigious MBA and MBA FLEX programs.
|🎖️ Basic Qualification||Undergraduate degree with the strong academic record|
|📚 Academic Prerequisites||5 credit passes in WASC, SSCE/GCE, NEÇCO including English, Mathematics|
|👨🎓 For PGD Graduates||First degree or HND (Merit Pass); Credit level pass in relevant areas|
|📈 For University Graduates||Good first degree (second class, lower division)|
|🔄 Transfer Students||Eligible if meeting MBA program conditions|
|💻 Application||Online application, with application fee|
|📊 Test Scores||GMAT/NMAT, ESA, or GRE score|
|📜 Transcripts||From all past academic institutions|
|📄 Resume||Evidence of work experience in a mid-to-senior manager role|
|✍️ Personal Statement||Discuss career goals, interest in the program, and how JHU MBA will help achieve goals|
|💌 Recommendations||Three professional recommendation letters|
James Hope University Business School MBA Admission Program 2023/2024
Candidates wishing to join the high-flying student body at JHU Business School are expected to demonstrate an impressive academic record along with real-world business experience. Here are the requirements potential applicants need to fulfill.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and have a strong academic record.
- Applicants must have at least 5 credit passes in WASC, SSCE/GCE, NECO, or their equivalent, including a credit pass in English and Mathematics.
- Graduates from postgraduate diploma (PGD) programs should have a minimum of a first degree or HND (Merit Pass) and a Credit level pass in relevant areas.
- Applicants from recognized universities or other higher institutions must have a good first degree (second class, lower division).
- JHU Business School may accept transfer students from other universities if they meet all conditions for entry to the MBA program.
- Completed online application.
- Application fee (waiver available if the applicant attends an information session).
- GMAT/NMAT, Essential Skills Assessment (ESA), or GRE score with an even distribution in the quantitative and verbal sections.
- Official transcripts from all past academic institutions. Unofficial transcripts may be initially submitted; however, official ones are required before registration.
- A professional resume evidencing work experience in a mid-to senior-manager role, including people management, international experience, P&L responsibilities, and a proven management track record in the public or private sector.
- A personal statement discussing career goals, interest in the program, and how the JHU MBA will help achieve these goals.
- Three professional recommendation letters.
Please note that admission to the MBA and the MBA FLEX programs is not automatic. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to handle the rigor of the program and enhance the quality of the class. After satisfying the admission requirements, candidates will be invited to a high-level selection interview.
For students whose native language is not English, they may be required to participate in an admissions interview and/or submit official TOEFL/IELTS scores or equivalent evidence of English proficiency.
Method of Application
To start your application journey, follow these steps:
- Visit the official portal
- New applicants should click on this link: New Applicants
For further inquiries, email the school at email@example.com.
Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
The tuition fees for the Professional MBA (PrMBA) and Professional MBA FLEX (PrMBA Flex) programs are N7,000,000 each. Please note that these fees are subject to change and may be adjusted to account for annual price increases. The JHU Business School fee structure, in line with other international business schools, applies different rates for Nigerians and non-Nigerian students.
Embarking on an MBA or MBA FLEX program at JHU Business School is an investment in your future. By meeting the admission criteria, you take a significant step toward joining a world-class institution that fosters growth, encourages innovation, and empowers its students to excel in the global business arena.
I hope you find this article helpful.