The Fully Funded Japan Student Services Organization Research Fellowship is open for International students who have returned to their countries after studying in Japan and are currently active in education, academic research, or public administration. Applicants are invited to a Japanese university to conduct joint research with relevant academics through the Japan Student Services Organization.
The JASSO provides a Follow-up Research Fellowship for former international students in Japan to researchers who have previously come to study in Japan from a developing country, region, etc. These fellowships are available for 60-90 consecutive days of short-term research.
The fellowships aim to allow researchers to conduct short-term research with academic advisors at universities (except junior colleges) in Japan.
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) is an independent administrative institution established under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Fully Funded Japan Student Services Organization Research Fellowship 2024
30 November 2023
Japan Student Services Organization
Fellowship, Research Program
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Japan Student Services Organization Research Fellowship are stated below:
1. Under 45 years old.
2. At least one year after returning from Japan.
The benefits of the Fully Funded Japan Student Services Organization Research Fellowship are:
1. Round-trip Airfare and
2. Daily allowance (¥11,000/day) for the recipient and
3. Remuneration for cooperation (up to ¥50,000) for the research advisor
How to Apply?
1. Applications must be received by November 30th, 2023. The deadline is just for JASSO. The deadline at your host university might be different. Please confirm the deadline for your host university.
2. Submit 5 printed copies of the application forms（1 copy of Form 1 original) and the digital file data. Please let you confirm “For University Use: Cautions When Submitting Files” when you make it.
3. It is important to review all application requirements on the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
I hope you find this article helpful.