In an era where harm reduction in the tobacco industry is more critical than ever, Knowledge•Action•Change (K•A•C) has risen to the occasion, providing scholars and professionals with the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to this field. Building on the momentum of its predecessors, the 7th K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Programme is now open for applications.
K•A•C 7th Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship 2024/2025
|7th K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship 2024-2025
|Inspire change with diverse project proposals in THR
|$12,000 stipend, travel, accommodation, mentoring, and more
|Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) in Warsaw
|Prioritises low, middle-income countries; Open to various professionals in THR
|Register, complete profile, THR-101 mini-course & quiz, submit proposal
|November 30, 2023
|🔗 More Info
|Visit Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship platform
K•A•C isn’t just looking for any proposal; they’re after initiatives that have the potential to reshape perceptions and policies surrounding tobacco harm reduction (THR). Indicative projects of interest include:
- Research Scoping focusing on THR priorities within specific countries.
- Conceptualising Research Projects delving into the nature or consumption of THR products.
- Enhancing the applicant’s comprehension of science via collaborations with reputable THR research teams or organisations.
- Designing projects to bolster public and professional knowledge of THR.
- Establishing organisations dedicated to THR research.
- Integrating THR interventions within health and social care settings.
- Producing and disseminating media content, including films, that offer credible information on THR.
- Organising THR workshops and training sessions.
- Fostering science communication capabilities linked to THR.
- Authoring academic publications centred on THR.
- Launching digital platforms to improve global THR understanding.
- Investigating strategies for lower-income countries to leverage ‘high tech’ THR initiatives.
Scholarship Perks and Offerings
Scholars embarking on this journey can anticipate a comprehensive package of support:
- Guidance to refine their proposals post-submission.
- A generous stipend of $12,000 for project execution.
- Covered travel expenses to Warsaw for the Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN).
- A dedicated online course encapsulating the theory and application of THR.
- Accommodation throughout the GFN duration, inclusive of additional days set aside for scholars.
- Daily allowances for the entire span of GFN.
- Enrolment in the Mentoring Scheme, paired with a recognised expert mentor.
- Continuous support from the Scholarship Programme Manager.
- Assistance in navigating both practical and academic challenges.
- The privilege to revisit Warsaw in 2025 to present findings, be it through poster displays, oral presentations, or as an elevated scholar.
While the scholarship programme holds a preference for applications from low to middle-income nations, K•A•C welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, ranging from:
- Individuals aspiring to delve into THR or public health research.
- Professionals committed to harm reduction.
- Postgraduate scholars.
- Established researchers and scientists.
- Medical practitioners.
- Writers and media professionals.
- Digital and social media experts.
- Filmmakers and audio-visual enthusiasts.
How to Apply
For those eager to embark on this transformative journey:
- Familiarise yourself with the submission guidelines.
- Register for a user account and log in.
- Once logged in, complete your profile with relevant details.
- Embark on the THR-101 mini-course & quiz available here and achieve a minimum score of 70%.
- After completing the mini-course, move forward with submitting your groundbreaking proposal.
It’s worth noting that the submission system is designed with user convenience in mind, automatically saving progress. This ensures applicants can meticulously craft their submissions over multiple sessions without fear of data loss.
In the complex world of tobacco harm reduction, every informed voice and proactive measure counts. This scholarship programme stands as a testament to K•A•C’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of research and intervention in the THR domain.
For those looking for a deep dive into the world of Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship, further details are available on the official website.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023.
I hope you find this article helpful.