Have you ever wondered about the best low-tuition universities in Canada? Worry no more. We shall share the top Universities you can enroll in cheaply in Canada.
You may also look at the low tuition fees in the US. Canada is home to so many worlds classed universities and colleges. The reason behind this is not far-fetched.
Canada has one of the best teaching environments, faculties, student facilities, and tutors, as well as some very cheap and affordable institutions with low tuition fees both for international students as well as citizens.
As an international student, your application to a Canadian university will have special requirements. In addition to the typical student application including letters of recommendation, resume, and educational history, you may also be asked to provide the following:
- Proof of finances
- English proficiency
- International application
- Passport information
- A translated copy of your transcript
Top 15 Cheap Universities In Canada
First of all, the following are reasons to study in Canada…
1. It’s affordable
Compared to top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other English-speaking countries, Canada offers degrees that are much easier on your wallet.
2. The reputation
Canada has a reputation for one of the best education systems in the world, and its universities are no exception.
3. Ease of living
Studying in another country can sound daunting, but making that happen in an English-speaking, first-world country makes it easier for international students to get along.
1. Newfoundland and Labrador’s University
- Undergraduate tuition fees: From CAD 2,000 per course
- Graduate Tuition Fees: From CAD 710 per semester
- Location: St. John’s city, Newfoundland and Labrador province, Canada
- Popular programs: Bachelor of Commerce, International bachelor of arts, Doctor of pharmacy for working professionals
This institution is also called the Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN). It has experienced an influx of enrollment over the years, with 20% of its student population coming from 100 countries.
- Address: 230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7, Canada
- St. John’s campus: 709-864-8000
- Signal Hill campus: 709-864-3133
- Grenfell Campus: 709-637-6200
- Marine Institute: 709-778-0200
- Labrador Institute: 709-896-6210
- Harlow campus: 011-44-1279-455900
2. University of Manitoba
- Undergraduate tuition fees: From CAD 18,100 per year
- Graduate tuition fees: From CAD 12,000 per year
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Popular programs: Biochemistry and Medical Genetics (MSc), French, Spanish and Italian (Pre-master’s, MA, PhD), Medicine (MD/MSc)
The University of Manitoba is the first university in western Canada and the 17th-largest in all of Canada. It was established in 1877.
- Address: 66 Chancellors Cir, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Canada
- Phone: 204-474-8808
- Toll–free: 1-800-224-7713 ext:8808
3. Concordia University
- Undergraduate tuition fees: From CAD 24,000 per year
- Graduate tuition fees: From CAD 24,000 per year
- Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Popular programs: Chartered Professional Accountancy (CPA) (GrDip), Civil Engineering (PhD), Film and Moving Image Studies (MA)
The school was established in 1974 as a merger between Sir George Williams University and Loyola College. Concordia University uses English as the primary language of instruction.
- Address: 1455 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O, Montréal, QC H3G 1M8, Canada
- Phone: 514-848-2424
4. McGill University
- Undergraduate tuition fees: From CAD 26,500 per year
- Graduate tuition fees: From CAD 19,000 per year
- Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Popular programs: Music, science and technology, Construction Engineering, Mathematics and statistics
McGill University is a public research university. The school is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and uses English as a primary instructional language.
- Address: 845 Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, Quebec H3A 0G4, Canada
- Phone: 514-398-4556 (downtown campus), 514-398-7770 (Macdonald campus)
- Secretariat: 514-398-3948
5. Ryerson University
- Undergraduate tuition fees: From CAD 30,000 per year
- Graduate tuition fees: From CAD 27,000 per year
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programs: Criminology and Politics and Governance (BA), Fashion (BDes), Juris Doctor (Lincoln Alexander School of Law)
- Address: 350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3, Canada
- Phone: 416-979-5000
6. Algonquin College
- Estimated budget for international students: CAD 27,540 per year
- Undergraduate tuition fee for international students: CAD 15,000 per year
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programs: Practical Nursing, Computer Science, EME Technician – Robotics
The school attracts many students from overseas countries due to its low tuition fees and quality education.
- Address: 1385 Woodroffe Ave, Nepean, ON K2G 1V8, Canada
- Ottawa: 613-727-4723
- Pembroke: 613-735-4700
- Perth: 613-267-2859
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Bow Valley College
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: CAD 12,996 to 67,002 per year
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Popular programmes: Information Technology Systems Diploma, Justice Studies Diploma, Pharmacy Technician Diploma, Medical Office Assistant Certificate
Bow Valley College has Banff, Airdrie, Canmore, High River, Cochrane, Okotoks, and Strathmore campuses. The institution is known for providing a reliable student support system with free access to books and the internet.
- Address: 345 6 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4V1, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 403-410-1400
- Toll-free: 1-866-428-2669
8. Camosun College
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 35,000 per year
- Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Popular programmes: Accounting and Finance Advanced Certificate, Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology Diploma, Arta and Science Studies Diploma.
Camosun College is located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. It reserves about 1000 slots for foreign learners annually.
International graduate and post-graduate tuition fees are CAD 8,680 per year for someone taking six courses in a 14-week full-time tuition program.
- Lansdowne Campus address: 3100 Foul Bay Rd, Victoria, B.C., Canada, V8P 5J2
- Interurban Campus address: 4461 Interurban Rd, Victoria, B.C., Canada, V9E 2C1
- Phone numbers: 250–370–3000
- Toll-free: 1-877-554-7555
- Emergencies/Campus Safety: 250-370-3075
9. Brandon University
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 35,000 (Canadian) per annum
- Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
- Popular programs: Pre-Nursing, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Physical Education Studies
Brandon University is one of the cheapest universities in Canada for international students. Students need approximately CAD 35,000 (Canadian) for their first year of study.
- Address: 270 18th St, Brandon, MB R7A 6A9, Canada
- Voice: (204) 728-9520
- Fax: (204) 726-4573
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Université de Saint-Boniface
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 3,000 to 6,500 per year
- Location: Saint Boniface neighborhood of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Popular programs: Education – Language, Literacy and Curriculum masters, Tourism Management diploma, Information Technology diploma
Université de Saint-Boniface is one of the best low-tuition schools in Canada. An institution is a good option for those who speak a certain level of French that meets their minimum requirements.
- Address: 200 Av. de la Cathedrale, Winnipeg, MB R2H 0H7, Canada
- Phone (directory): 204-237-1818
11. University of Guelph
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: CAD 30,317 to 34,839 per year
- Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computing
- Address: 50 Stone Rd E, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
- Phone: 519-824-4120
12. Canadian Mennonite University
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 17,000 (Canadian dollars)
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Popular Programs: Biblical and Theological Studies, Communications and Media, English, History, International Development Studies, Mathematics
Canadian Mennonite University is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The institution was founded in 2000, and it prides itself on being one of the cheapest universities in Canada for international students.
- Address: 500 Shaftesbury Blvd, Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2, Canada
- Ph: 204.487.3300
- Toll-free: 1.877.231.4570
13. Fanshawe College
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 5,000 and 10,000 per term
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Bachelor of Interior design, Collaborative Nursing, Bachelor of Commerce
About 1,000 international students from over 60 countries join Fanshawe College yearly. It is not only among the cheapest colleges in Canada for international students but also among the largest colleges in the country.
- Address: 1001 Fanshawe College Blvd. London, ON N5Y 5R6, Canada
- Tel: 519-452-4277
- Toll-Free: 1-800-717-4412
- Email: email@example.com
14. Georgian College
- Undergraduate tuition fee: CAD 20,360 to 20,450 per year
- Graduate tuition fee: CAD 17,900 to 19,280 per year
- Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Health and Wellness, Web-design and digital arts, Photography
Studying at Georgian College will give you value for your money. The college has Barrie, Midland, Muskoka, Orangeville, Orillia, Owen Sound, and South Georgian Bay campuses.
- Certificate: CAD 17,170 to 18,170 (approx.)
- Diploma: CAD 16,990 to 29,200 (approx.)
- Graduate certificate: CAD 17,900 to 19,280 (approx.)
- Degree: CAD 20,360 to 20,450 (approx.)
- Address: One Georgian Dr., Barrie ON L4M 3X9705.728.1968
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Lambton College
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 25,450 per year
- Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Advanced Photography • APPS, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning • AIMT, Border Services • PSIB, Communicative Disorders Assistant • CDAS
Lambton College is also listed among cheap colleges in Canada because it offers scholarships and bursaries like the Community Living Sarnia-Lambton’s Scholarship Award.
- Address: 1457 London Rd, Sarnia, ON N7S 6K4, Canada
- Email: email@example.com
- Program info: 519-541-2403
- Main: 519-542-7751
- 1457 London Road, Sarnia, ON N7S 6K4
Cheap Bachelor Degrees in Canada
If you’re looking for the most affordable options Canada has to offer, look no further.
1. University of the People
- Location: Online
- Tuition: Tuition-Free
- Degree Programs: Associate, Bachelor, Master (Business Administration, Education, Computer Science and Health Science)
UoPeople is a US accredited online university, meaning you can study anywhere and anytime! The application process is simple and the rewards of degree completion are definitely worthwhile.
2. Brandon University
- Location: Brandon, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,203
- Degree Programs: BA, BBA, BEd, BFA, BM, BN, BSc
Brandon University claims to have a long and positive relationship with international students and offers one-to-one professor interactions and research opportunities not available at larger universities.
3. Université de Saint-Boniface
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,482
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees in Arts, Social Work, Translation, Science, Nursing, Business and Education. Students may continue studies towards a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba
International students at Saint-Boniface must expect to be able to speak a certain level of French as this is a French university. Some programs also require a level of English proficiency as well.
4. University of Guelph
- Location: Guelph, Ontario
- Tuition: $9,730
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees from 5 Colleges (Arts, Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Engineering & Physical Sciences, Social & Applied Human Sciences)
International students at Guelph will receive special assistance at the university with visa applications, English language study, housing, and access to an advisor specifically for international students.
5. Canadian Mennonite University
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $10,003
- Degree Programs: Three- and four-year BA, BSc, BBA, and Master’s Programs
International students at CMU are welcomed and encouraged to apply due to their undoubtedly wide variety of experiences and perspectives that they may bring. International students may choose from over 19 majors for bachelor’s studies.
6. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $11,460
- Degree Programs: More than 100 programs for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Certificates
International students at MUN: Memorial University warmly welcomes and encourages international applications. The university offers specialized services for international students such as student advising, an internationalization office, and international student groups.
Cheap Master Degrees in Canada
1. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $3,222
- Degree Programs: Large variety of Master’s and Doctorate programs both in person and online, in fields of Humanities & Social Sciences, Professional Programs, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Sciences
2. University of Northern British Columbia
- Location: Prince George, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,297
- Degree Programs: MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs
3. University of Calgary
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Tuition: $3,693
- Degree Programs: Offers course-based and research-based Master’s and Doctorate degrees in a variety of subjects
4. Simon Fraser University
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,743
- Degree Programs: Variety of graduate programs in Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science
5. University of Saskatchewan
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Tuition: $4,358
- Degree Programs: Over 80 Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Specializing in research and medical fields
There is no free education in Canada, but you can look for scholarships from top universities and colleges.