The Fully Funded Mandela Rhodes Scholarship in South Africa is open to all citizens of South Africa. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024 is a Fully funded Scholarship for students of South Africa. This scholarship is available to study a 1 -1-Year Honours Degree Program or a 2-Year Master’s Degree Program in Africa.
An elite postgraduate scholarship program was launched in 2003 called the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship. The initiative, which aims to develop leadership and academic achievement in Africa, is named in honor of South African historical icons Nelson Mandela and Cecil Rhodes. For young African leaders and intellectuals, the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a highly sought-after opportunity. So far, it has sponsored more than 300 scholars from all over the continent.
Fully Funded Mandela Rhodes Scholarship In South Africa 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Mandela Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa are stated below:
1. You must be a candidate from any African country.
2. Your age must be between 19 to 30 years.
3. You must have an Undergraduate degree or have equivalent academic qualifications.
4. You must demonstrate leadership abilities and skills in your school, or college, workplace, or community.
5. You must be committed to promoting education, entrepreneurship, and reconciliation in your communities.
6. As part of this scholarship program, you must be ready to take an active part in community participation events and leadership development.
7. Must keep a note of your volunteer and community service hours.
READ ALSO: NACEST POST-UTME SCREENING FORM
The benefits of the Fully Funded Mandela Rhodes Scholarship in South Africa are:
1. Registration and Tuition Fees: This Scholarship will cover the registration fees and tuition fees of selected candidates.
2. Stipend: Each month, recipients are given a significant stipend to help with costs like transportation, food, and other personal needs.
3. Housing: The recipients are provided with housing in a furnished apartment or dorm as well as a monthly allowance to help with living costs.
4. Economy Class Airfare Tickets: The scholarship pays for the student’s round-trip economy airfare to and from the college or university where they will be attending. This lessens the financial strain of travel costs, which can be very expensive for students from other countries.
5. Leadership Development: The selected candidates take part in a thorough leadership development program that offers workshops, coaching, and other chances for them to hone their leadership abilities.
6. Book Allowance: The recipients of this scholarship will receive an annual allowance for books and other educational materials.
1. A completely filled-out online application form.
2. Your identity information (copy of your passport and ID).
3. Previous academic records or transcripts.
4. A certified copy of your Bachelor’s degree.
5. A detailed curriculum vitae or resume.
6. Reference letters (Two) from professional or academic referees.
7. A statement of purpose explaining your community involvement, academic and leadership achievements, and goals.
8. Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable).
I hope you find this article helpful.