The Fully Funded Mastercard USIU-Africa Scholarship in Kenya is open For Young Africans to pursue bachelor’s degrees for fall intake 2024. United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
This Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. -By completing their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Fully Funded Mastercard USIU-Africa Scholarship in Kenya 2024
24 November 2023
United States International University-Africa
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Mastercard USIU-Africa Scholarship in Kenya are stated below:
1. Youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
a. Young women
b. Young men
c. Refugees and displaced youth
d. Youth with disabilities
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
a. Academic talent: They must value learning and be motivated to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
b. Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
c. Leadership potential: Scholars must commit to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in and meet USIU-Africa’s admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
a. School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
b. School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
c. School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
d. Chandaria School of Business (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
e. School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
The benefits of the Fully Funded Mastercard USIU-Africa Scholarship in Kenya are:
1. Tuition and functional fees;
2. Laptops, books and other learning materials;
3. Reasonable accommodation and meals;
4. Medical insurance;
6. Transport to and from home;
7. Access to leadership training;
8. Access to entrepreneurial training;
9. Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
10. Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
How to Apply?
1. Interested applicants can download the application form from here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
2. Submit the completed application form by email, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format and clearly named while saving, with your name as the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office located on the 2nd Floor, Old School of Humanities and Social Sciences Building at USIU-Africa, or post your application to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE OR MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
I hope you find this article helpful.