The National Examinations Council (NECO) and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence are to collaborate to check examination malpractice during the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE).
Mr Azeez Sani, Head, Information and Public Relations Division, in a statement on Thursday, disclosed information that the Chairman, Governing Board of NECO, Dr Abubakar Saddiq led a delegation to the Commandant General of NSCDC, Mr Abdullah Muhammadu.
Sani said such collaboration would go a long way in ensuring the credibility of the Council’s examination and strengthen the existing relationship between the two organisations.
He explained that the Council has put in place measures, such as the biometric capturing, to check examination malpractice and enjoined personnel of NSCDC to brace up for new challenges that may emerge during the examination.
Also, Acting Registrar/Chief Executive, NECO, Mr Abubakar Gana, said the Council has been enjoying the services of the organisation without any hindrance from 2008 to date.
The Commandant General pledged the continued support of his Agency in the provision of adequate security at examination centres to ensure the credibility of NECO results.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- SEARCH FLASH LEARNERS
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ABOUT BECE, WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND JOBS GUIDE
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- SPECIAL TOPICS FOR PARENTS
- Jamb Series Part 16: Jamb WhatsApp Group - Sep 20, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 47: Candidates Who Applied To Your School - Sep 19, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 49: Things You Can Do With Jamb Profile - Sep 18, 2020