The Fully Funded Nuffield College Oxford University Fellowship in UK is open to all internationals pursuing post-doctoral degrees. Nuffield College intends to appoint with effect from 1 September 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter, two Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellows (PPRFs) in Sociology, broadly construed to include sociology, demography, criminology, social and medical statistics, public policy, and social policy. The College particularly welcomes applications from candidates who work or plan to work in the field of one or more of the College’s Sociology Fellows, but this is not a requirement.
The key responsibilities of the Research Fellows are to engage in advanced study and independent scholarly research in sociology broadly construed (as above); to disseminate research findings through publication and participation in conferences and seminars; and to take part in the intellectual life of the College by organizing seminars, workshops, or conferences. Research Fellows may also undertake ad hoc paid teaching or supervision within the collegiate University in Oxford, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Fully Funded Nuffield College Oxford University Fellowship In UK 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Nuffield College Oxford University Fellowship in UK are stated below:
1. To be eligible, candidates should have completed, or be close to completing, a PhD/DPhil in a relevant field.
2. Candidates must be within three years of the defense date (viva voce examination date) of their doctorate at the time of application. Allowances will be made for career breaks (for example, family-related leave) and candidates are asked to provide relevant information.
3. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously held a research fellowship similar to that advertised for more than one year at the time of taking up the fellowship.
4. Prospective candidates should also have experience in carrying out independent research and a track record of excellent quality papers appropriate for and commensurate with their career level.
5. They should have the willingness to contribute to the intellectual life of the College, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
RECOMMENDED: FULLY FUNDED MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
The benefits of the Fully Funded Nuffield College Oxford University Fellowship in UK are:
1. The salary offered is £39,378 PER ANNUM. Subject to availability,
2. Research Fellows may opt to rent single accommodation in the college. Benefits include a research allowance and free lunch and dinner in College.
For the online application, you will be asked to complete an application form and a recruitment monitoring form, and upload the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria for the Fellowship.
- A Curriculum Vitae including a full list of publications/working papers.
- A one-page description of your current research.
- A one-page description of the research you would plan to undertake as a Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellow; and
- Two samples of your written work (for example, research papers or thesis chapters), together with a one-page abstract for each piece.
On the application form, you will be asked to provide the names, postal addresses, and email addresses of at least two academic referees to whom we may write at a later stage in the selection process to request references in support of your application. Please ensure that your nominated referees will be available to provide references in October 2023.
I hope you fidn this article helpful.