Planning to study nursing and need some additional funding? Luckily there is a wide range of scholarships available to help aspiring nurses achieve their ambitions.
Check out these nursing scholarships on offer around the world, broken down by region.
Nursing Scholarships To Study
Nursing Scholarships to study in the US and Canada…
- A Nurse I am Scholarship by Cherokee Uniforms – Awards up to 10 scholarships, each worth US$2,000, to nursing students.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) – Offers Continuing Professional Development Scholarships to help members acquire knowledge and skills beyond traditional academic nursing education. A limited number of scholarships for specific academic courses will continue to be awarded.
- American Red Cross Jane Delano Nursing Scholarship – A scholarship available to nursing students who have contributed volunteer service to or are employees of an American Red Cross unit. A limited number of $3,000 scholarships are awarded each year.
- Cascade Healthcare Solutions Nurses Make a Difference Scholarship – An annual $1,000 scholarship awarded to an aspiring nurse who is currently enrolled in (or accepted for) an undergraduate nursing program. You need to be either a legal resident of the US or hold a valid student visa to apply.
- Delta State University – A variety of scholarships on offer to study at the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing.
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association (FNSNA) General Scholarship –Open to all US nursing students currently enrolled in a state-approved undergraduate or graduate nursing program. Awards range from $1,000 to $7,500 per academic year.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing – Various merit-based funding opportunities are available for MSN and DNP programs at the university, ranging from US$7,500 to full tuition. With the exception of the Fuld Fellowship in Patient Care Quality and Safety, no separate applications are required.
- Johnson & Johnson Discover Nursing Scholarships Database – Search and find scholarships in the US by state, study level, and requirements with this handy tool, which lists over 340 nursing scholarships.
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) – Offers annual scholarships for students who are NBNA members or local chapter members, currently enrolled in an undergraduate nursing program, and have at least one full year of study remaining. Awards range from US$1,000 to $6,000.
- Northern Illinois University – Various scholarships are available to study nursing. Only admitted nursing majors are eligible.
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program – Enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate, or graduate nursing program, to receive funding for tuition, fees, and other educational costs in exchange for working at an eligible NURSE Corps site upon graduation. Applicants must be US citizens (born or naturalized), nationals, or lawful permanent residents.
- University of Washington School of Nursing – Various fellowships and awards are available to study nursing at the University of Washington at all study levels.
- Canadian Nurses Foundation – A range of awards to support Canadian students of nursing at various study levels, from baccalaureate to doctorate. Awards range from US$1,000 to $10,000.
- Montfort Hospital – Six Montfort Clinical Excellence Scholarships of CA$6,000 each are available to study nursing in French. You must have an outstanding academic record and be registered in a baccalaureate nursing program at an Ontario university.
- StudentAid BC Nurses’ Education Bursary – Bursary awards of between CA$500 and $2,000 are available for full-time nursing students in British Columbia who demonstrate the greatest financial need.
- University of Alberta – Various scholarships to study nursing at the university are available, including the Ambassador Award, granted based on academic excellence.
- University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) – A variety of nursing scholarships for current and entering students of UPEI’s nursing school, such as the Friends of UPEI Calgary Bill and Denise Andrew Scholarship in Nursing, which awards up to CA$5,000 for students entering their nursing course, with preference given to students from Calgary.
- University of Toronto Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing – Over 75 undergraduate awards and 100 graduate fellowships are available, awarded based on academic excellence and/or financial need.
Nursing Scholarships to Study
Nursing Scholarships to Study in the United Kingdom
- Florence Nightingale Foundation – A range of research, travel, and leadership scholarships are available from the foundation.
- Queen’s University Belfast Patricia Napier Scholarships – Two postgraduate scholarships covering tuition and registration fees are available to study for an MSc or postgraduate diploma at Queen’s University Belfast’s School of Nursing and Midwifery.
- RCN Foundation scholarships – A range of educational and hardship grants for nursing students and professionals, including the Olufunke Adeyeye Education Grant which supports nurses and midwives from ethnic minority backgrounds to further their professional studies.
- NHS Nursing Bursary – To be eligible to apply for an NHS bursary you must have been living in the UK, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man for 3 years up to the start of the academic year. £1,000 grants available for nursing and midwifery students.
- The Royal College of Nursing – If you’re a qualified nurse working in Wales, or are studying to become a qualified nurse at an institution in Wales, you can apply for the June Clark Travel Scholarship, which awards up to £1,000.
- University of Surrey Ted Adams Trust Scholarships for Student Nurses – Awards £3,000 a year for a maximum of three years to mature students (aged 25 and above) studying an undergraduate or postgraduate nursing degree at the university.
Nursing scholarships to study in Asia
- International Medical University, Malaysia – Scholarships are available to fully or partially cover the tuition fees for the full duration of a nursing degree at the International Medical University in Kuala Lumpur. They are awarded to both international and domestic students based on academic excellence, extra curriculum participation, and leadership qualities.
- Asian Nursing Scholarship – Successful applicants will have the opportunity to pursue a Nursing Diploma and work in one of Singapore’s public healthcare institutions.
- University of Hong Kong School of Nursing – Various scholarships to study at the university, including the Academic Elite Scholarship in Nursing, which awards up to HK$231,500 to high-caliber students.
Study in Australia or New Zealand
Nursing scholarships to study in Australia or New Zealand
- New Zealand Nurses’ Organization (NZNO) – Various grants and scholarships to study nursing are available for NZNO members only.
- The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) – ACN runs a number of scholarships funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and the Department of Social Services. It is not required to be a member of ACN to apply for these scholarships.
- University of South Australia – The School of Nursing and Midwifery offers a range of scholarships.
- University of Sydney, Sydney Nursing School – Various scholarships is available to study nursing at the university, ranging in value from AU$2,500 to $87,500.