The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a one-year compulsory service program for Nigerian graduates who are below 30 years of age at the time of graduation.
The NYSC program aims to expose graduates to different aspects of the country and to involve them in community development projects.
One of the important steps to participate in the NYSC program is online registration. This is when prospective corps members (PCMs) will register their data into the NYSC database for the mandatory 12 months of service. Online registration is usually done in batches and streams, depending on the availability of resources and logistics.
This article shall serve as a guide as a step by step guide to the registration procedure for the NYSC batch B stream 2 Prospective Corp Members (PCMs).
NYSC Registration Procedure Batch B S2 PCMs (2023)
|🗓️ Registration Period||NYSC registration portal opens June 23, 2023, for 2023 Batch “B” Stream II mobilisation. The deadline is August 7, 2023.|
|🎓 Locally-Trained Graduates||Must upload clear passport photos, correct personal details, and apply for any needed corrections on the dashboard.|
|💼 Part-Time Graduates||Need to register online to print their Exclusion Letter when PCMs can print their Call-up Letters.|
|🌐 Foreign-Trained Graduates||Must upload original documents, thumbprint in Nigeria, and present documents for physical verification.|
|❌ Proxies & Fakes||No thumbprint by proxy. Fake document use results in demobilization and decampment.|
|📱 Contact Info||PCMs must maintain accessible e-mail addresses and Nigerian GSM numbers throughout the service year.|
|👶 Health & Pregnancy||Not ideal for pregnant/nursing mothers or those with serious health challenges. True health status should be indicated during registration.|
|💻 Cyber Café Rates||Cyber Café Operators can’t charge more than N2,000 for services rendered to Prospective Corps members.|
Some Tips to Guide Locally-Trained Graduates during NYSC Registration:
- The Revalidation link is for those deployed in 2023 Batch “B” Stream II and previous Batches but did not go to the Orientation Camp.
- If you have registered previously and did not complete your Registration, do not create a new account instead click on “Login Here” to continue your registration with your previous Username and Password.
- Do not thumbprint by proxy. (Nobody should thumbprint for you; thumbprint should be done by you).
- Upload a clear passport photograph. Do not upload a passport photograph putting on NYSC crested vest, you will not be registered on camp if you fail to comply.
- PCMs who have Name Correction requests (Addition or Removal of Name) to be attended to by the Institution, should apply for that during Online Registration on their dashboard as well as spelling errors and rearrangement.
- The date of Graduation and Course of Study will now be on the Certificate of National Service and Exemption Certificate.
- Ensure your details are correct.
- Apply for a Date of Birth Correction on your dashboard. Note that you cannot correct your Date of Birth after Camp Registration.
- PCMs with wrongly uploaded Thumbprints and Passport Photographs during Online Registration to contact our States Secretariat before the commencement of the Orientation Exercise. No change of passport photograph after registration on Camp.
- Part-time graduates are to register online so as to be able to print their Exclusion Letter on their dashboard when PCMs are enabled to print their Call-up Letters.
- Join NYSC telegram http://t.me/official_nysc
Some Tips to Guide Foreign-Trained Graduates during NYSC Registration:
- Click https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/ForeignReq.aspx for requirements of foreign graduates Mobilization Process.
- Do not create multiple accounts.
- Upload Original copies of your documents and also input your name correctly as it is on your Certificate.
- You can register anywhere you are but you must thumbprint in Nigeria before going to Orientation Camp.
- Contact the Federal Ministry of Education Abuja, if your Institution of study has not been evaluated so as to obtain Evaluation Letter. Submit the Evaluation Letter at NYSC NDHQ Abuja.
- Note that the SSCE result uploaded must be equal to or greater than four (4) years.
- Select a Center for Pre-camp physical verification during Online Registration.
- All Foreign-trained graduates should physically present themselves after they must have successfully registered online, alongside original copies of their degree certificates, transcript, and travel documents.
- If your credentials have been physically verified at the various centers during the Pre-Camp Verification Exercise, you are to print your Clearance Slip and present the same for registration at the various camps of deployment with original copies of your documents.
- Go to Camp with the translated version of your Certificate.
- If you are exempted from Service, you are to collect your Exemption Certificate at NYSC NDHQ Abuja.
- Those excluded from Service will print their Exclusion Letter on their dashboard Online.
NYSC Online Registration Procedure
READ ALSO: CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY POST-UTME FORM
RECOMMENDED: NYSC Accredited Cybercafe Operators
According to the NYSC, Cyber Café Operators are NOT to charge more than Two Thousand (N2,000.00) Naira for services rendered to Prospective Corps members (Nigerian and Foreign-trained).
- The Website address is any of the following:
- Check the Senate list for verification of your records.
- If you are registering for the first time, click on Registration for Mobilization 2023 Batch “B” Stream II.
- If you have registered previously and did not complete your Registration or Submit, do not create a new account. Instead, click on “Login Here” to continue your registration with your previous Username and Password.
- If you were mobilized in the previous Batches and have registered online before but are unable to proceed to Orientation Camp, Click on the “Revalidation” link to re-validate your registration.
See: How to Make Payment on NYSC Portal Via Remita Platform
In order to ensure a seamless registration, Prospective Corps Members (PCM) are to note the following for strict compliance:
- Prospective Corps Members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register. Such e-mail addresses and phone numbers must be maintained throughout the service year.
- Locally trained PCM are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective Corps Members should NOTE that ONLY those that graduated from accredited institutions are qualified for mobilization. Any foreign-trained prospective Corps Member who is in doubt of the accreditation status of his/her institution should approach the Federal Ministry of Education for verification.
- Foreign-trained Nigerian graduates are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate (WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or it’s equivalent
NABTEB (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or it’s equivalent
High School Diploma or its equivalent for those who attended school in the USA, etc.
- Certificates are not qualified to register.
- Complete the official transcript of the First Degree or HND program.
- International Travelling Passport showing the following pages;
- Personal Data.
- Visa to the country of study.
- Date of the first departure to the country of study and
- Date of arrival in Nigeria.
- Graduates with dual nationalities are required to upload Personal Data Pages of both international passports and present the passports for physical verification at the orientation camp.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into the English language before uploading. The translated transcripts and certificates should also be presented for physical verification.
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science, and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- West African School Certificate (WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
- Foreign-trained graduates seeking mobilization for national service should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja, for physical verification of their documents. The exercise will be done at the orientation camps. They are to print their call-up letters online and report to the orientation camps in their states of deployment. Foreign-trained graduates are expected to go to the camps with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Provisional certificates, To Whom It May Concern, online print-outs, scanned and photocopies of credentials are not acceptable.
- Foreign-trained graduates who registered for the Exemption Certificate shall present all their original academic credentials and international passport for physical verification when they come to collect the certificate at the National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja.
- All foreign-trained graduates who registered and are excluded from service should also present original academic credentials and international passports at the NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, for physical verification before Exclusion Letters are printed online.
- All foreign-trained prospective Corps Members who registered but were not called up for service in the last batch should log on to the NYSC portal to revalidate their registration. This category of persons need not pay N3,000.00 (three thousand naira) again.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that the Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and jaw) is fully shown without bending.
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometrics at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters online are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make the payment).
- PCM who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 has the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name, and their husband’s place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Prospective Corps Members with a serious health challenge should indicate their TRUE HEALTH STATUS during registration to enable concessional deployment for them.
- Prospective corps members who graduated from institutions located in the following geo-political zones with challenges related to mobilization should contact the under-listed telephone numbers:
- North Central – 08092142614
- North East – 08102790538
- North West – 08092142661
- South East – 09038034460
- South West – 07019190810
- South South – 08083202056
- All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for the collection of their Letters of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
Deadline: August 7, 2023.
I hope you find this article helpful.