PhD Degree in Canada is the dream of many graduates around the World. In Canada, you will find some of the best schools for Postgraduate Studies. PhD from Canada is recognised around the World.
A question comes to mind, how do I apply for a PhD degree in Canada and how long does the Program take? What does it take to run PhD in Canada? These are the things you will learn today.
GET JAMB CBT APP 2022 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
- Normally, PhD in Canada takes 4 to 6 years
- How much you pay for PhD in Canada depends on what you wish to study
- $7,600 to $10,106 is a typical school fee for Canada PhD (1st and 2nd year)
- Apply for a study permit once you are accepted to study.
- There are many PhD scholarships available for international students.
Requirements for PhD in Canada
- Master’s degree from a recognized University
- Proof of Proficiency in either French or English Language
- A very good score in graduate tests/exams like the GMAT or GRE.
How to Apply for PhD in Canada
- Decide the Ph.D. program and the school of choice
- Visit the university’s website, search for a research topic and identify your supervisor for the given topic.
- Contact your supervisor for a letter of recommendation that you will include in the university admission form.
- You can also submit your own research topic if you don’t want to do university-approved research.
- Then apply online Using the University official website or link
- Attach the necessary documents and pay the required fees.
Note: Each of the Postgraduate schools will update their requirements.
Documents You Need For PhD in Canada
- Letter of recommendation from at least two people.
- Your CV (Detailed One)
- Your academic transcripts (sent by your school)
- Language proficiency exam results.
- For arts/humanities Ph.D., a portfolio of creative works could be necessary.
I hope you found this helpful? Feel free to share with others using the share buttons and don’t fail to let me know how you feel using the comment box.