Have you ever wondered why it takes so long for the Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to issue National ID card to Applicants? It is for reasons best known to them. However, how and where you enrolled for the National Id Card Matters.
Generally, getting the Plastic Identity Card Takes from one year to forever (Fact). Depending on your enrolment centre, you can get the Slip containing your National Identification Number (NIN) immediately.
GET JAMB CBT APP 2022 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
The NIN is enough for you to do a lot of things (Sim registration, Jamb, Jobs, Scholarships, Travel, Banks, Office, etc). Today, I will guide you on how to register and get your National ID as fast as possible.
Steps To Register And Get Your NIN Quickly
- Walk into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (One of School Id, Voters Card, Birth Certificate, Passport, License, etc).
- You will be verified to ascertain if you have ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- Fill the enrolment form to fill.
- The enrolment forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake-filled on the form.
- Your pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask you to double-check your information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If you are satisfied with the demographic information, biometrics is next (ten finger prints and facial image).
- You will be given your NIN Slip immediately or ask to come back the next day or within one week for the NIN slip.
A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing. The National e-ID Card will be issued to the applicant within X months after the Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Documents For National ID Card Enrolment
Now you may be wondering, what are the documents I need to get my National Identity card? You are required to bring along any of the following as a proof of your identity for your enrollment.
- Old National ID card (If available).
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid InterNational passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- Govt. staff ID card.
Note: You can use any of the means of identification above. You don’t necessarily need to have all. If you still don’t have 1 to 5 above, feel free to use birth certificate as means of identification (They accepted in my time).
6, State or local government of origin certificate.
7, Birth certificate/declaration of age
8, Your height (You may measure it there if you don’t know it already).
9, Look Good (So that your passport will look nice on the card)
Do you think this is helpful? If so, feel free to share with friends and do not fail to drop your comment.
Note: You would get your National Identification Number Immediately (NIN). This is the temporary card you can use for many purposes until your National ID Card is finally released.
Hope you found this guide helpful? Feel free to share with friends and don’t fail to let me know how you feel using the comment box.