Have you ever wondered why it takes so long for the Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to give out national Id card to applicants? It could be as a result of how and where you enrolled for the National Id Card.
I am not trying to shy away from the fact that the NIMC take so long in producing National Id cards. I don’t know their reasons for that anyway. However, all I will do here is to guide you on how to register and get your National ID as fast as possible.
Steps To Register And Get Your National ID Quickly (NIN)
- Applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
- Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be Issued to applicant within 12months after Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Documents You Need For National ID Card
Now you may be wondering, what are the documents I need to get my National Identity card? You are required to bring along any of the following as a proof of your identity for your enrollment.
- Old National ID card (If available).
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- Govt. staff ID card.
Note: You can use any of the means of identification above. You don’t necessarily need to have all. If you still don’t have 1 to 5 above, feel free to use birth certificate as means of identification (They accepted in my time).
6, State or local government of origin certificate.
7, Birth certificate/declaration of age
8, Your height (You may measure it there if you don’t know it already).
9, Look Good (So that your passport will look nice on the card)
Do you think this is helpful? If so, feel free to share with friends and do not fail to drop your comment.
Note: You would get your National Identification Number Immediately (NIN). This is the temporary card you can use for many purpose until your national ID Card is finally released.
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING HELPFUL GUIDE