In an age when cyber threats are ever-evolving, the role of cybersecurity experts has never been more crucial. Commonwealth Africa acknowledges this pivotal role and is calling upon proficient individuals from its member countries in Africa to be a part of the esteemed Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship Programme 2024.
The Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship 2024
|Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship programme 2024
|2022, fostering cybersecurity expertise across Commonwealth countries in Africa
|Access to research, networking events, and annual conferences
|Citizens of Commonwealth countries in Africa, aged 21-65, with 5+ years experience
|📂 application resume
|e, cover letter, support letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|23:59 GMT, December 10, 2023
|Second cycle of the fellowship
|🇬🇧 Supported By
|United Kingdom’s International Development Office
Background and Importance of the Fellowship
Initiated in 2022, this fellowship serves as a distinguished platform tailored for cybersecurity aficionados hailing from Commonwealth countries in Africa. The initiative aims not only to facilitate knowledge exchange but also to cultivate partnerships. Most notably, it empowers these experts to influence the policy-making endeavours of the Commonwealth Secretariat.Selected candidates will be honoured as fellows for an entire year, granting them exclusive rights to:
- Engage in profound academic research opportunities,
- Participate in networking events, and
- Attend the annual conferences.
The primary focus remains to amplify cybersecurity policies and fortify institutions across the Commonwealth nations in Africa.
SEE ALSO: 3 MILLION TECHNICAL TALENT PROGRAM 2023
Before you leap ahead and apply, ensure you align with the prescribed eligibility parameters:
- Applicants should be proud citizens of any Commonwealth nation in Africa.
- Age should fall between 21 and 65.
- It’s imperative to possess a minimum of five years of professional experience in cybersecurity. This experience could span sectors such as law, policymaking, telecommunications, academia, or related domains.
Aspiring candidates, here’s your checklist for the application:
- Resume: Clearly articulate your experience and achievements.
- Cover Letter: Express your motivation to join the fellowship.
- Letter of Support: This should be sourced from your current organisation, testifying to your competencies and endorsing your application.
All these documents should be emailed to email@example.com by 23:59 GMT on December 10, 2023.
It’s noteworthy to mention that this is the second cycle of the Commonwealth Africa Fellowship programme, receiving generous support from the United Kingdom’s International Development Office.
The Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship program is not just a fellowship; it’s a journey towards redefining cybersecurity landscapes in the African Commonwealth nations. Dive deep into this ocean of opportunities and be a torchbearer in the realm of cybersecurity.
Candidates and stakeholders can visit the official site for more information on Commonwealth Fellowships
I hope you find this article helpful.