The University of Port Harcourt’s illustrious Emerald Energy Institute is currently welcoming applications from qualified candidates for an array of prestigious graduate programs for the 2023/2024 academic session. This blog post serves as a comprehensive guide for prospective students, offering crucial details about the programs, admission requirements, application procedures, and the Institute’s overarching vision and objectives.
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Admission Form
|🎓 Programmes||Multiple Ph.D., M.Sc., and PGD Programmes in Petroleum and Energy Studies.|
|🏫 Institute||Emerald Energy Institute, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.|
|📋 Requirements||Varies by program: Bachelor’s degree, HND, experience in the industry.|
|⌚ Duration||12 to 24 months for PGD, 18 to 24 months for Masters, and minimum of 12 quarters for Ph.D.|
|📩 Contact||Tel: 08033414905, 09018964817; Email: email@example.com.|
|📅 Session||2023/2024 Academic Session.|
|🖊️ Application||Application fee of N30,000; Form can be obtained online or from the Institute’s office.|
|📍 Location||University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.|
I. Overview of the Emerald Energy Institute
The Emerald Energy Institute, situated within the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, stands as a beacon of excellence in graduate education focusing on petroleum, energy economics, management, and policy. The Institute’s mission revolves around educating, empowering, and engaging professionals and corporate decision-makers in the petroleum and energy sectors.
A. Vision and Collaborative Efforts
The Institute envisions fostering professionals equipped with relevant skills suitable for careers within the petroleum and energy industries, government entities managing petroleum and energy resources, financial institutions, consulting units, and academia. The Ph.D. programmes offered are modular, flexible, and intensive, executed in collaboration with the Petroleum Engineering Department, amalgamating insights from both academia and industry experts locally and internationally.
RECOMMENDED: CROWN POLYTECHNIC POST-UTME FORM
II. Array of Graduate Programmes Offered
The Institute provides an extensive range of graduate programmes including:
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Economics
- Ph.D. in Energy Economics
- M.Sc. in Petroleum Economics and Policy Programme
- M.Sc. in Energy Economics and Policy Programme
- Professional Master’s Programmes (without dissertation) in diverse fields such as Energy Economics, Petroleum Regulation and Policy, and Climate Change, Green Economy and Policy.
- Master of Petroleum Business Management
- Master of Energy Business Management
- PGD in Petroleum and Energy Economics
III. Admission Requirements and Eligibility
A. For Post Graduate Programme (PGD)
- Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields or an HND with a minimum Upper Credit.
- University Matriculation Requirements: All candidates must satisfy the University of Port Harcourt’s minimum matriculation requirements.
B. For Master’s Programmes
- Qualification: Minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in a relevant field. Candidates with at least 3 years’ experience in the energy and petroleum industry possessing a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) may also be considered.
- University Matriculation Requirements: Candidates must meet the University of Port Harcourt’s minimum matriculation standards.
C. For Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes
- Qualification and Experience: Candidates with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in relevant disciplines or those with at least three (3) years experience in the petroleum and energy industries holding a Second Class (Lower Division) Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 may be considered.
D. For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programmes
- Qualification and Experience: Applicants must hold an M.Sc. degree in appropriate majors, with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 and meet all other specified criteria, inclusive of experience in the oil and gas industry for those with lower division degrees.
IV. Programme Duration and Method of Instruction
- PGD Programme: 12 months (Full Time) or 24 months (Part Time).
- Professional Masters Programmes: Maximum of 24 months.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes: 6 quarters (Full Time) or 8 quarters (Modular Intensive Study).
- Ph.D. Programme: Minimum of 12 quarters subsequent to MSc degree.
B. Method of Instruction
The curriculum is flexible, intensive, and modular. It amalgamates insights from university faculty and industry experts, aiming to equip graduates with skills relevant to their field.
V. Application Procedure and Fee
A. Application Submission
- Fee: A non-refundable Application Fee of N30,000 is payable.
- Submission: Completed Application Forms should be submitted online or sent to the Institute office by courier service within eight (8) weeks from the date of publication.
- Form Acquisition: Forms can be obtained from the Institute or downloaded from the Official Website.
- Interview: Selected candidates may undergo an oral interview before admission finalisation.