The Fully Funded UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship in Finland is accepting applications. It allows registered doctoral students to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their Ph.D. dissertation or thesis research on developing economies and to work with our researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Visiting PhD fellows typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. During their time in Helsinki, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also be able to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
Fully Funded UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship In Finland 2024
30 September 2023
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship in Finland are:
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program and have shown the ability to research developing economies.
2. Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should remember that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
3. Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
4. Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
5. The program is especially addressed to researchers at later stages of their Ph.D.
The benefits of the Fully Funded UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship in Finland are:
1. UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your Ph.D. granting institution or country of residence, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 2,000 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship.
2. The program does not provide services or cover expenses related to dependents. Note that the monthly stipend mentioned below only applies to the period of stay in Helsinki, not online.
I hope you find this article helpful.