Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Program 2022 is calling for applications – Join the 2nd edition of WIA Young Leaders program in partnership with Christian Dior Couture, Lazard Frères Investment bank and Huawei!
This year, WIA will support 8 African women who contribute to building a dynamic, innovative and inclusive Africa. This initiative is part of WIA’s commitment to promote equal opportunities and to allow young leaders to be supported to go further each year.
Who Can Apply for Women in Africa (WIA)
- Open to women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level);
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country;
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment;
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience);
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds;
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future;
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue;
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level;
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork;
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
Benefits of WIA Young Leaders Program
The WIA Young Leaders will benefit from a tailor-made training path whose themes will be related to women’s leadership and the skills needed for the future. Then, in autumn 2022, the laureates will benefit from a “business trip” in a world economic capital to:
- connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists,business or public figures, and accomplished entrepreneurs.
- be trained on boards of directors, media training, career coaching and other customized training.
- benefit from high media visibility.
A personalized follow-up will be set up by WIA, to identify the individual needs of the Young Leaders and to respond with precision to the progression of their skills.
How to Apply WIA Young Leaders Program
All young African women who contribute to building a dynamic, innovative and inclusive Africa are invited to apply for the program. The deadline for submitting an application is 15 April 2022 at midnight (Paris time).
Leave a Reply