It is easy to create a WordPress blog. What is important is securing it. There are a whole lot of hackers and spammers out there. They want to render your blog useless by all means. Your best bet is to tighten the security of your blog.
Cloudflare is more than enough to secure and speed up your blog. You may want to check out how to Setup Cloudflare on any WordPress Blog here. But if you want extreme security as a WordPress user, then consider using an additional Security Plugin.
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
There are a lot of plugins that will help secure your blog. Now, after many years of blogging and jumping from one WordPress Security Plugin to another, I have found the best plugins you must use for SEO and precautions you must take.
Recommended: Best WordPress plugins to use
The Best Security Plugin For WordPress
The best Security Plugin for WordPress is Wordfence Security. I arrived a this after testing out so many WordPress security plugins. Another Security plugin I enjoyed was Sucuri Security. iThemes security is also very good.
Key Features of W3 WordFence
- Web Application Firewall identifies and blocks malicious traffic. Built and maintained by a large team focused 100% on WordPress security.
- [Premium] Real-time firewall rule and malware signature updates via the Threat Defense Feed (free version is delayed by 30 days).
- [Premium] Real-time IP Blacklist blocks all requests from the most malicious IPs, protecting your site while reducing load.
- Protects your site at the endpoint, enabling deep integration with WordPress. Unlike cloud alternatives does not break encryption, cannot be bypassed and cannot leak data.
- Integrated malware scanner blocks requests that include malicious code or content.
- Protection from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts, enforcing strong passwords and other login security measures.
WORDPRESS SECURITY SCANNER
- Malware scanner checks core files, themes and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
- [Premium] Real-time malware signature updates via the Threat Defense Feed (free version is delayed by 30 days).
- Compares your core files, themes and plugins with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting any changes to you.
- Repair files that have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version. Delete any files that don’t belong easily within the Wordfence interface.
- Checks your site for known security vulnerabilities and alerts you to any issues. Also alerts you to potential security issues when a plugin has been closed or abandoned.
- Checks your content safety by scanning file contents, posts and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
- [Premium] Checks to see if your site or IP have been blacklisted for malicious activity, generating spam or another security issue.
- Wordfence Central is a powerful and efficient way to manage the security for multiple sites in one place.
- Efficiently assess the security status of all your websites in one view. View detailed security findings without leaving Wordfence Central.
- Powerful templates make configuring Wordfence a breeze.
- Free to use for unlimited sites.
- With Live Traffic, monitor visits and hack attempts not shown in other analytics packages in real time; including origin, their IP address, the time of day and time spent on your site.
- [Premium] Stop brute force attacks permanently by using two factor authentication, one of the most secure forms of remote system authentication available.
- Block attackers by IP or build advanced rules based on IP Range, Hostname, User Agent and Referrer. [Premium] Country blocking available with Wordfence Premium.
Recommended: Free versus premium yoast plugin
Other Great Security Plugins Are:
- iThemes Security
- Sucuri Security
- Security Anti Virus Scanner
- All in One Wp Security and Firewall
Don’t use two or more Security plugins together. They would conflict and crash your blog. Be very careful. However, you can use a WordPress Security plugin and Cloudflare together.
Recommended: Best WordPress plugins to rank well
Conclusion: Security is important for every WordPress user. You need to secure your Blog to avoid hacking, spamming and other WordPress security issues.
Hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to share with friends and don’t fail to comment
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?