Wondering how to get confirmed gce syllabus? This is the official 2020 waec gce syllabus for Information And Communication Technology. I will make it available for download later. You may also click here for how to pass waec gce 2020/2021.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ELECTIVE)
The aims of the syllabus are to:
(1) test candidates’ appreciation of the concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
(2) test the capabilities of candidates in the application of ICT skills in education and business;
(3) verify candidates’ potential for higher studies in Information and Communication Technology and related areas.
2. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2
will be a composite paper to be taken at a sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions all of which must be
answered within 1 hour for 25 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of five essay-type questions. Candidates will be required to answer
three questions within 1 hour for 30 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical test consisting of three questions all of which must be
answered within 2 hours, for 45 marks.
1.1 Meaning of ICT and its related terminologies.
1.2 Uses of ICT tools e.g.mobile phones, computers, Internet, television set, radio, etc.
1.3 Impact of ICT on Education, Socialand Economic Development.
1.4 Information processing cycle; distinction between data and information.
1.5 Types and uses of computers.
2 COMPUTER HARDWARE
2.1 Categories of computer hardware: system unit, peripherals and storage media.
3 COMPUTER SOFTWARE
3.1 Types of software: System and application software.
3.2 Open source and proprietary software.
4 THREATS TO COMPUTERS AND USERS
4.1 Meaning of computer threats.
4.2 Categories of computer threats.
4.2.1 Natural threats e.g. earth-quakes, heat, floods, etc.
4.2.2 Human threats e.g.viruses, worms, intentional
4.3 Health hazards to computer users: causes and
4.4 Remedies to threats and hazards.
5 WORD PROCESSING
5.1 Word Processing packages, their uses and importance.
5.2 Related concepts and terminologies
5.3 Creating and saving documents.
5.4 Editing, formatting and insertion of objects e.g. tables, graphics, etc.
5.5 Printing of documents.
5.6 Speed and Accuracy in typing at 30-35 words per minute.
Recommended: 13 ways I will help you pass
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING O LEVEL GUIDE
- Waec Gce Syllabus 2020 And Hot Topics For All Subjects
- SSCE Series Part 8: 5 Reasons Why Many Good Christians Fail Waec And Neco
- SSCE Series Part 14: How To Develop The Habit Of Reading
- SSCE Series Part 7: How To Clear All Your Papers In Waec Or Neco 2020
- SSCE Series Part 28: How To Pass Mathematics In Waec And Neco 2020
- Waec Gce Syllabus 2020 And Hot Topics For All Subjects - May 22, 2020
- How to Create a LinkedIn Profile And Page in Nigeria - May 22, 2020
- SSCE Series Part 8: 5 Reasons Why Many Good Christians Fail Waec And Neco - May 22, 2020