What are the areas Neco will set English Literature questions from and how do I get NECO Literature in English 2020 OBJ and theory questions answered correctly in the exam? Literature Neco 2020 Questions and how you can answer them correctly to get A1 is the topic we shall discuss here today.
NECO LITERATURE QUESTIONS is general for every Neco 2020 art Candidate writing Neco. Continue reading for Topics/Questions Neco will set in 2020 Enlish Literature or quickly click here to go through neco 2020 literature syllabus and hot topics to read.
NECO 2020 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
You have asked the questions, what are the areas Neco sets questions in English Literature? I am here to give you the bold answers to your question.
To make this topic easy for you to understand, I will divide it into thre sections with typical examples. The two sections are:
- NECO 2020 English Literature OBJ Questions
- Neco Literature in English African Prose Questions
- Neco English literature Non-African Prose questions
NECO 2020 English Literature Objective Questions
As usual, you will be given questions and options A to D to choose from. Normally, then number of objective questions you are to answer in Neco 2020 English Literature is 50 questions.
Typical Neco Literature questions you may encounter in OBJ 2020 Are:
1. A speech in which a character speaks his or thoughts alone is
- a monologue
- an aside
- a soliloquy
- an epilogue
The answer is C
2. The pattern of poem without reference to its content is referred to as the
- free verse
The correct answer is D
3. In drama, the ___ creates humour
The correct answer is B
4. ‘Let me not love thee if I love thee not’ illustrates
The correct answer is C
5. The rhyme scheme of the stanze is
The correct answer is B
Neco Literature in English African And Non-African Prose Questions
Typical question here is as follows: You shall be given a passage and asked a question like
- What role does tradition play in the relationship between
- Discuss the significance of
- Examine the relationship between
Read Also: How to answer neco questions very fast
Key Point Questions And Answers For 2020 English Literature (OBJ & Theory)
1. The plot of a novel is best described as a summary of the story.
2. Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy because it ends unhappily.
3. A novel can be described as an extended prose narrative covering a wide range of characters and experience.
4. A play is a drama because it can be acted on the stage.
5. In telephone conversation, the tone of the question “you mean-like plain or milk chocolate?’ is Sarcastic.
6. Poetry deals with emotion and ideas.
7. The main purpose of drama is to educate and entertain us.
8. Paradox is a a statement or position that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth. Paradox is a very common figure of speech.
9. The ‘Myth of the Bagre’ is recited at the coming age of young men and women.
10. Dramatic Irony entails a statement that means more than is evident to to its maker.
11. The dominant rhetorical device used in poem is Personification.
12. The title of Achebe’s things fall apart is taken from poem written by W.B Yeats.
13. A sonnet is a Poem with fourteen lines.
14. Dialogue is important in drama because it reveals the mind of the characters.
15. The dominant mood in Senghor’s peom ‘In Memoriam’ is one of Nostalgia
16. Achebe’s Things Fall Apart can be described as historical novel.
17. To be complete, a play must have a conflict.
18. ‘Assonance’ is a product of a poet’s use of similar sounding vowels.
19. A well known epic in English Literature is Paradise Lost.
20. Because of his fiery temper as a youth, Odewale was called the Scorpion.
21. A deliberate use of exaggeration for humour or emphasis is known as Hyperbole.
22. ‘The pen is mightier than the sword’ is an example of Metonym.
23. In Poetry, elegiac mood typically attends the occasion or experience of death and decay.
24. In the poem ‘The Vultures’, David Diop suggests that the Christian missionaries were agents of Colonialism.
25. Characterisation in a novel means the mode of presenting the fictional individuals.
26. The tragedy in Romeo and Juliet occurred as a result of circumstances rather than flaws in character.
27. Caricature is used to ridicule a person by distorting his most prominent features.
30. The substitution of a mild and pleasant expression for a harsh and blunt one is called Euphemism.
NECO 2020 LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH
2020 NECO Literature in English questions will come from the following areas:
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers – Papers 1, 2 and 3. Papers 1 and 2 will a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1 will be a multiple choice objective test. It will contain fifty questions distributed as follows:
- Twenty questions on General Knowledge of Literature;
- Five questions on an unseen prose passage;
- Five questions on an unseen poem;
- Twenty context questions on the prescribed Shakespearean text.
Candidates will be required to answer all the questions within 1 hour for 50 marks.
Paper 2 will be an essay test with two sections, Sections A and B. Section A will be on African Prose and Section B on Non-African Prose.
Two essay questions will be set in each of the novels prescribed for study. Candidates shall be required to answer one question only from each section within 1 hour 15 minutes for 50 marks.
Paper 3 will be on the Drama and Poetry components of the syllabus. It will be put into four sections, Sections A, B. C and D as follows:
Section A: African Drama
Section B: Non-African Drama
Section C: African Poetry
Section D: Non-African Poetry
There shall be two questions on each of the prescribed drama texts for Sections A and B. There shall also be two questions for each of the poetry sections ie Sections C and D.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question from each of the sections, making a total of four questions. The paper will take 2 hours 30 minutes to complete and will carry 100 marks.
(i) The Unseen Prose passage for Paper 1 shall be about 120 – 150 words long.
(ii) Only context questions shall be set on the Shakespearean text. The context questions will test such items as theme, characterization, style, and setting in the Shakespearean text.
(iii) No essay question shall be set on the Shakespearean text.
RECOMMENDED NECO SET TEXTS
- AmmaDarko – Faceless
- BayoAdebowale – Lonely Days
- Richard Wright – Native Son
- Patience Swift – The Last Goodman
- Oliver Goldsmith – She Stoops to conquer
- Lorraine Hansberry – A Raisin in the Sun
- Frank Ogodo Ogbeche – Harvest of Corruption
- Dele Charley – The Blood of a Stranger
- Birago Drop – Vanity
- GbemisolaAdeoti – Ambush
- Gabriel Okara – Piano and Drums
- Gbanabam Hallowell – The Dinning Table
- Lenrie Peter – The Panic of Growing Older
- Kofi Awoonor – The Anvil and the Hammer
- Alfred Tennyson – Crossing the Bar
- George Herbert – The pulley
- William Blake – The School Boy
- William Morris – The Proud King
- Robert Frost Birches – Birches
- William Shakespeare – Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Day?
Neco 2020 Literature Examination Instructions
- Do not open your question paper until you are told to do so
- USE HB pencil throughout in the OBJ Section
- You are free to use Biro in the theory part
- You can use a calculator, however, calculations don’t come in Literature In English
- Make sure that you fill your name, Subject, paper, write WASSCE, paper code and other examination details where necessary.
- Ensure that the texts in your question papers are boldly printed
- Behave yourself.
- Don’t let invigilators catch you using expo (Unless you are using Miracle centre for your Neco English Literature).
Related Searches To Neco 2020 English Language:
Neco English literature questions
neco Literature in English 2020
neco2020 English literature
literature in English neco answer 2020
neco English 2020 neco
2020 neco Use of English answer
neco English literature 2020 answers
neco 2020 English literature obj today
neco literature english 2020
neco 2020 literature question and answer
neco 2020 literature questions and answers
neco 2020 literature OBJ answers
neco answer for Essay literature English
Flashlearners English literature answer neco 2020
answer neco 2020 English literature
neco 2020 English literature essay
www.neco literature english answer 2020.com
Real neco english literature answers 2020
neco English literature expo
Expo for neco literature in English
Literature obj neco 2020 timetable
Prose for English literature obj neco 2020
neco exam timetable
2020 neco syllabus
That’s all for now… I shall update you when more real live questions and answers come up on literature in English Language. However, I advise that you are hard working so as to pass your Neco once and for all.
Read Also: How to read and pass neco in one day
Feel free to share this article with friends using the share buttons and don’t fail to comment using the comment box below.
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. SSCE, JAMB AND MARKETING VIDEOS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- Waec 2020 Cancelled And No More Resumption - Jul 9, 2020
- WAEC 2020 Registration, Exam Date And Latest News Today - Jul 8, 2020
- How To Re Gain Admin Position After Leaving A WhatsApp Group Created - Jul 8, 2020