What are the areas Neco will set English Literature questions from and how do I get Neco Literature in English 2021 OBJ and theory questions answered correctly in the exam? Literature Neco 2021 Questions and how you can answer them correctly to get A1 is the topic we shall discuss here today.
Neco LITERATURE QUESTIONS is general for every Neco 2021 art Candidate writing Neco. Continue reading for Topics/Questions Neco will set in 2021 English Literature or quickly click here to go through Neco 2021 literature syllabus and hot topics to read.
Get WAEC App For 2021 » Over 28,000 Waec Questions Offline » Waec Competition To Win N30,000 » Waec Literature Novels And Questions » Free SSCE Videos For All Topics
Neco 2021 Questions And Answers
You have asked the questions, what are the areas Neco sets questions in English Literature? I am here to give you the bold answers to your question.
To make this topic easy for you to understand, I will divide it into thre sections with typical examples. The two sections are:
- Neco 2021 English Literature OBJ Questions
- Neco Literature in English African Prose Questions
- Neco English literature Non-African Prose questions
Neco 2021 English Literature Objective Questions
As usual, you will be given questions and options A to D to choose from. Normally, the number of objective questions you are to answer in Neco 2021 English Literature is 50 questions.
Typical Neco Literature questions you may encounter in OBJ 2021 Are:
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
1. A speech in which a character speaks his or her thoughts alone is
- a monologue
- an aside
- a soliloquy
- an epilogue
The answer is C
2. The pattern of poem without reference to its content is referred to as the
- free verse
The correct answer is D
3. In drama, the ___ creates humour
The correct answer is B
4. ‘Let me not love thee if I love thee not’ illustrates
The correct answer is C
5. The rhyme scheme of the stanze is
The correct answer is B
Neco Literature in English African And Non-African Prose Questions
Typical question here is as follows: You shall be given a passage and asked a question like
- What role does tradition play in the relationship between
- Discuss the significance of
- Examine the relationship between
Read Also: How to answer Neco questions very fast
Key Point Questions And Answers For 2021 English Literature (OBJ & Theory)
1. The plot of a novel is best described as a summary of the story.
2. Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy because it ends unhappily.
3. A novel can be described as an extended prose narrative covering a wide range of characters and experience.
4. A play is a drama because it can be acted on the stage.
5. In telephone conversation, the tone of the question “you mean-like plain or milk chocolate?’ is Sarcastic.
6. Poetry deals with emotion and ideas.
7. The main purpose of drama is to educate and entertain us.
8. Paradox is a a statement or position that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth. Paradox is a very common figure of speech.
9. The ”˜Myth of the Bagre’ is recited at the coming age of young men and women.
10. Dramatic Irony entails a statement that means more than is evident to to its maker.
11. The dominant rhetorical device used in poem is Personification.
12. The title of Achebe’s things fall apart is taken from poem written by W.B Yeats.
13. A sonnet is a Poem with fourteen lines.
14. Dialogue is important in drama because it reveals the mind of the characters.
15. The dominant mood in Senghor’s peom ”˜In Memoriam’ is one of Nostalgia
16. Achebe’s Things Fall Apart can be described as historical novel.
17. To be complete, a play must have a conflict.
18. ”˜Assonance’ is a product of a poet’s use of similar sounding vowels.
19. A well known epic in English Literature is Paradise Lost.
20. Because of his fiery temper as a youth, Odewale was called the Scorpion.
21. A deliberate use of exaggeration for humour or emphasis is known as Hyperbole.
22. ”˜The pen is mightier than the sword’ is an example of Metonym.
23. In Poetry, elegiac mood typically attends the occasion or experience of death and decay.
24. In the poem ”˜The Vultures’, David Diop suggests that the Christian missionaries were agents of Colonialism.
25. Characterisation in a novel means the mode of presenting the fictional individuals.
26. The tragedy in Romeo and Juliet occurred as a result of circumstances rather than flaws in character.
27. Caricature is used to ridicule a person by distorting his most prominent features.
30. The substitution of a mild and pleasant expression for a harsh and blunt one is called Euphemism.
That’s all for now… I shall update you when more real live questions and answers come in literature in the English Language. However, I advise that you are hard-working so as to pass your Neco once and for all.
Read Also: How to read and pass Neco in one day
Feel free to share this article with friends using the share buttons and don’t fail to comment using the comment box below.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?