Do you want to attend Osun State University? If yes, this article is for you.
In contrast to before, being accepted into a university is now more difficult and needs much investigation.
You must be aware of a few crucial information regarding your selected school to attend school and be admitted to the institution of your choice.
Your school’s reputation, academic standing, tuition costs, the courses you take, where you live, the cut-off score, and the entrance standards are a few of them.
Gaining admission to your desired college will be quite challenging if you don’t know crucial details like these about it.
In light of this, if you’re interested in applying for admission to Osun State University, this article will give you the information you need to know.
A Quick Introduction To Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
Osun State University is a multi-campus university established by the Osun State Government under the administration of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola.
Currently, the university runs six campuses that are dispersed around the state’s six administrative and geographical zones.
On December 21, 2006, the National Universities Commission of Nigeria designated Osun State University as the 30th State University and the 80th institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
Its campuses, which serve as campuses for health science, humanities and culture, social science and management, law, education, and agriculture, respectively, are located in Osogbo, Ikire, Okuku, Ifetedo, Ipetu, Ijesha, and Ejigbo.
Is UNIOSUN a state or government university?
It is a state university. Most people mistakenly believe it to be a federal university, but it is not.
Osun State University School Fees For New Students
The cost of attending your preferred university is something you should be aware of.
Why? because it plays a significant role in the prerequisites and admissions procedure.
However, like other institutions, the course or program you wish to enrol in will determine your school fees at UNIOSUN.
Below are tuition fees for new students according to their courses.
For Accounting, Political Science, Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Relations, and Personnel Management departments, the school fee is N253,000.
In the Science, Law, and Public Health departments, the school fee is N303,000.
For Science, Physiology, and Anatomy departments, the school fee is N263,000.
In the Engineering department, the school fee is N268,000.
The tuition fee for other courses is N228,000.
FIND OUT: 10 Best private Universities In Nigeria
How Much Is UNIOSUN Acceptance Fee?
For both indigenes and non-indigenes freshers, the acceptance fee is N40,000.
Osun State University Cut-Off Mark
If you want to gain admission into the UNIOSUN, then you need to know the cut-off mark.
The UNIOSUN UTME Cutoff Mark is 160. Candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination must choose Osun State University as their first choice.
Additionally, candidates must have at least 5 Credits in the O-Level subjects, including English and Math, in a single sitting.
You have a strong chance of being admitted to Osun State University if you meet all of these requirements. And ensure that your JAMB Score and O-Level results are both strong.
UNIOSUN Student Portal
Do you want to visit the UNIOSUN student portal to further your admission processing? Visit the student portal here.
Does UNIOSUN Accept Second Choice?
No, UNIOSUN does not accept second-choice candidates. If you do not choose them as your first choice in your JAMB exam, no matter how high your score is, UNIOSUN will not consider you for admission.
Does UNIOSUN Accept Two Sittings?
Yes, the UNIOSUN accepts two sitting results. That means you can combine two results. It can be WAEC or NECO to gain admission into Osun State University.
Does UNIOSUN Accept Awaiting Results?
If you are a candidate with an awaiting result, be rest assured that UNIOSUN allows candidates to apply for admission with awaiting results.
However, you must upload your O-Level result immediately after it is out.
List Of Osun State University Courses
These courses are in two parts; High Competitive and Less Competitive Courses.
List of UNIOSUN High-Competitive Courses
2. Banking and Finance
4. Business Administration
5. Chemical Engineering
6. Civil Engineering
7. Computer Science
10. Estate Management
11. History And International Studies
13. Mechanical Engineering
14. Medical Laboratory Science
15. Medicine And Surgery
17. Nursing Science
18. Political Science
19. Theatre Arts
List of UNIOSUN Less Competitive Courses
Below are the Less Competitive Courses at Osun State University.
1. Agricultural Economics
2. Agricultural Engineering
4. Animal Science
5. Arabic Language And Literature
8. Christian Religious Studies
9. Education And Biology
10. Education And Chemistry
11. Education And Economics
12. Education And English Language
13. Education And History
14. Education And Physics
15. Education And Political Science
16. Educational Management
17. Educational Technology
18. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
19. English And International Studies
20. English Language
21. Fine And Applied Arts
22. Fisheries And Aquaculture
23. Fisheries And Wildlife Management
24. Food Science And Technology
27. French And International Studies
30. Guidance And Counselling
31. Home Economics
32. Industrial Chemistry
33. Industrial Relations And Personnel Management
34. Islamic Studies
35. Library And Information Science
37. Linguistics And Communication Studies
38. Literature In English
41. Mathematics And Education Technology
42. Nutrition And Dietetics
43. Physics With Electronics
44. Plant Biology
46. Teacher Education Science
47. Tourism Studies
48. Urban And Regional Planning
49. Vocational And Technical Education
50. Wildlife Management
Is UNIOSUN a competitive university?
Gaining admission into the Osun State University is very competitive, and you must be aware that the Osun State University (UNIOSUN) admission is on MERIT.
For this reason, you must adhere to their requirements and prepare well for their examinations for you to stand a chance.
Osun State University Admission Requirements
There are two methods of gaining admission into UNIOSUN: Through JAMB (UTME) or by Direct Entry (DE).
Below are the requirements for candidates wanting to gain admission into UNIOSUN through JAMB (UTME):
1. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate
Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
2. You must choose the correct JAMB subject combination for your course.
3. Candidates must score at least 160 in the JAMB UTME examination to be offered admission into Osun State University.
4. UNIOSUN must be your First Choice of Institution if you want to gain admission.
5. You Must Participate in UNIOSUN POST UTME/SCREENING to be considered for admission.
6. Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
UNIOSUN Requirements For Direct Entry (DE)
Here are the requirements for candidates that want to gain admission into Osun State University through Direct Entry (DE):
1. A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations(SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
2. Candidates must have an ‘A’ level/IJMBpasses in two subjects related to their areas of study.
3. JUPEB/A’ Level passes in Related subjects.
4. Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields for your course.
5. Direct entry candidates must purchase the UNIOSUN Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission
and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and UNIOSUN Portal.
6. You must have a minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
All candidates must meet all the requirements if they want to gain admission.
Make sure you prepare well to perform well in any of the exam