You’re probably here because you just bought a new iPhone and needs to Backup your old iPhone WhatsApp Chats and restore to the New iPhone without losing Any Chat. Congratulations!
It doesn’t matter whether you are upgrading from iPhone 7 to iPhone SE, iPhone X, iPhone Xs or even iPhone 11 Pro Max or any iOS Version. This page will guide you on how to Backup and Restore iPhone WhatsApp Data.
- 1. How to Manually Backup iPhone WhatsApp
- 2. How to Turn on iCloud for WhatsApp
- 3. How to Backup iPhone WhatsApp to iCloud
- 4. How to Restore WhatsApp Backup in Your New iPhone
- 5. How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to Android Phone
- 6. How to Backup WhatsApp on Android Phone
- 7. How to Export iPhone Chat History
How to Manually Backup iPhone WhatsApp
You can make a manual backup of your chats at any time. You need to be connected to Wi-fi to do this.
Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now.
How to Turn on iCloud for WhatsApp
First off, you’ll want to confirm that you’ve got iCloud turned on and set up to back up WhatsApp data.
- Open Settings.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud.
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
- Tap the switch next to WhatsApp to the green ‘on’ position to turn on iCloud access.
Recommended: iPhone SE 2020 Price and spec
RECOMMENDED SCIENCE, SOCIAL SCIENCE AND ART VIDEOS
How to Backup iPhone WhatsApp to iCloud
- Launch WhatsApp from your Home screen.
- Tap on Settings. It’s the gear icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the Chats button.
- Tap on Chat backup.
- Tap Back Up Now to upload your chat data to your iCloud storage. If you’d prefer to set up iCloud to automatically store your chat data, you can do so on this screen.
- Tap Auto Backup.
- Tap the backup frequency you’d prefer. Your options are Daily, Weekly and Monthly.
- Tap Chat Backup to go back to the last Settings menu.
- Tap the switch next to “Include videos” to toggle whether or not to backup video messages.
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup in Your New iPhone
If the WhatsApp backup is already stored on iCloud, then you can easily get it back. To do this, you need to delete WhatsApp from your device first and reinstall it.
While setting up WhatsApp, the option to restore an existing backup will be displayed. Additionally, if you want to restore an entire device, then consider doing a factory reset instead.
Step 1. Reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and perform its initial setup by entering the same phone number that was previously linked to it. Also, make sure that the device is linked to the same iCloud account as before.
Step 2. Once you log-in to the app, WhatsApp will automatically detect the presence of an existing backup. To get it back, just tap on the “Restore Chat History” button and maintain a stable internet connection as the backup would be restored.
Step 3. If you want, you can restore the entire device as well. To do this, factory-reset your phone and perform its initial setup. Choose to restore it from an iCloud backup and log-in to your account to select the relevant backup file.
Recommended: How to copy contacts from iPhone to Android
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to Android Phone
With the same Whatsapp Sim Card on your new phone, follow the procedure below to restore Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive to Android Phone:
- Install WhatsApp on your Android Phone.
- Open the Whatsapp
- When Asked whether to check for backup, click yes
- Your Whatsapp Backup will appear
- Follow other prompts
- Simply restore the Backup
How to Backup WhatsApp on Android Phone
- Launch the WhatsApp and tap the three-dot menu found at the upper-right corner.
- Tap on the “Settings” option
- Select “Chats” under settings
- Go to “Chat backup”.
- Tap on the “Back up to Google Drive”. Chose how often you want your chats backed up.
- Tap your Google account and choose the account that you want to engage.
- Then tap the “Allow” option on the Google Drive prompt.
- You can now backup your chats immediately. Tap the green “BACK UP” button to back up to your Android phone.
How to Export iPhone Chat History
- Open the individual or group chat you’d like to save.
- Tap the contact’s name or group subject.
- Tap Export Chat.
- Select if you want to Attach Media or email the chat Without Media.
- Open the Mail app. You can also tap More for additional options.
- Enter your email address and tap Send.
Recommended: Copy Contacts From iPhone to Sim Card
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?