What does Jamb set in Biology and what are the top hot likely questions to come out in Jamb 2021 Biology? Right now, I am going to share very important Biology key points and likely Jamb 2021 Biology questions with you.
The Over 50 points will cover every topic in Jamb Biology. However, the key points will not be arranged topic by topic. You may want to click here for key points in Jamb chemistry or go through over 1000 Physics questions by clicking here.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
Are you ready for this? Take a glass of chilled water and take a look at the hot biology questions and facts below.
Key Points on Jamb Biology Hot Topics For 2021
1. Possession of four limbs, countershading of coat colour and development of long tails are adaptive features for arboreal life.
2. Nitrobacter converts nitrites (from ammonia) to nitrates. Azobacter is a nitrifying bacteria.
3. The number of offspring produced from a mitotic division is Two.
4. Large vacuoles are absent in animal cells but present in plant cell along with Chloroplast and cellulose cell wall while Chromosomes occur in both.
5. The energy released during cellular respiration is stored in the form of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
6. At the end of mitosis, the number of cells produced is four.
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
7. During inspiration, the diaphragm contracts and flattens out simultaneously as the rib muscles contract, causing the ribs to be raised.
8. Each kidney is connected with the bladder by a Ureter.
Recommended: How to prepare for waec and Jamb
9. The structural similarities in Paramecium and Euglena are in the presence of anterior and posterior ends.
10. The oxygen given off during photosynthesis is gotten from Water.
11. The long necks and legs of the present day giraffes were some of the basis of Lamarck’s Theory of Evolution.
12. The pancreas secretes insulin a hormone which controls excess sugar in the blood.
13. Anemometer is used for measuring wind speed.
14. Mitochondrion is the site for the production of ATP.
15. Dry weight is the mass of the weight of an organism after all the water has been removed. It is the most accurate measurement of organic masses and weight.
16. Amoeba moves with pseudopodia otherwise known as “false feet”.
17. Soil permeability refers to how easily water passes through the soil.
18. The processes involved in water cycle are Evaporation, Condensation and Precipitation.
19. Sahel savanna is in the drier regions to the north of the Sudan savanna, in the north eastern part of Nigeria.
20. The earthworm possesses a hydrostatic skeleton.
Read Also: Complete Jamb syllabus for biology
21. The factors that produce character in living organisms are Genes. Genes are character producing in an organism.
22. Phytoplankton has the highest biomass in a food chain
23. The hierarchy of organic evolution in plant: Schizophyta, thalophyta, bryophyta, Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta.
24. Gestation is period of time which a zygote develop to the time of birth.
25. Binary fission is a mode of reproduction which is common to both paramecium and amoeba.
26. The pancreas secretes hormone which controls excess sugar in the blood.
27. Plasmodium needs supporting cellular machinery to survive as it is not a free-living organism.
28. In a food chain on land, green plant is the producer.
29. Neurons that receive stimuli from receptors are called sensory neurones.
30. The cerebrum controls voluntary movement and interpretation.
31. When a person moves from a dark room into a bright light, the pupils become smaller
32. Water makes up about 77.5% of the living protoplasm in various living things.
33. Wildlife conservation is enhanced by discouraging elimination of endangered species.
34. In humans, sex is determined by the difference in the nature of X and Y chromosomes in the male.
35. The structure of the ear which is responsible for balancing is the semicircular canals.
36. Chorion is the outer layer that surrounds both the embryo and the yolk sack.
37. Which of these is not a type of fingerprint?
38. The opening and closing of the stomata is by Osmosis
39. Hermaphrodite have both male and female reproductive organs.
40. Flooding and earthquakes are part of abiotic factors that control the human population.
41. Clay soil has the highest water-retaining capacity.
42. An organism that has been extensively used to test the chromosome theory of heredity is Drosophila Melanogaster.
43. The mitochondria is the reservoir for energy in the cell.
44. Inbreeding involves the crossing of individuals of the same species, especially over many generations.
45. The phloem tissues transport manufactured food from the leaves mainly to other parts of the plant either for use or for storage.
46. Fossil records require the use of carbon dating to prove that evolution has occurred.
47. Melanin is the pigment that gives skin, hair and eyes their color. Melanin is produced by cells called melanocytes.
48. Tissue is a group of cells that are similarly arranged together to perform a specific function.
49. The presence of four-chambered heart is a characteristic feature of mammals.
50. Morphologicial variation refers to the noticeable physical appearance of individuals o the same species.
51. Retina is the part of the eye that is sensitive to light.
52. Population size varies due to factors like natality, mortality, immigration, and emigration.
53. Nucleus controls all life activities of the cell.
54. Amoeba, Paramecium and Chlamydomonas are at the cellular level of organization.
55. Pollination is the transfer of pollen grains from the anther to the stigma of a flower.
Hope you found this helpful? Feel free to share with your friends and don’t fail to drop your comment.
- How to pass Jamb biology
- Biology likely questions in Jamb
- Jamb expo questions
- Jamb biology questions and answers
- Free Jamb biology questions
- 2021 Jamb biology questions
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?