What Jamb will set from Chemistry for 2021? Hot questions and answers in Jamb UTME Chemistry is the big deal today. I’m going to share hot Chemistry key points and likely Jamb Chemistry Questions and Answers.
Your Journey Determines The Vehicle You Enter. Now, take a glass of water and let me take you through Chemistry key points that would enable you to answer likely Jamb questions in Jamb 2021 Chemistry.
Part 1: Top 50 Points In Jamb Chemistry
1. The most reactive metal known is Francium.
2. GEL is a SOL which contains more solid particle dispersed in liquid than usual.
3. The hardest substance known to man is DIAMOND.
4. The lowest Oxidation State of IRON is ZERO
5. Quantum Numbers only describes ELECTRONS and not ATOMS.
6. Hydrogenation of Alkynes gives Alkanes
7. The Law of Definite Proportion is also referred to as the law of Constant Composition.
8. Sodium liberates H2 from Water = False.
*Sodium liberates H2 from Steam = True
9. The electrolyte used in DOWN CELL is Molten NaCl fused with Cacl2
10. Na is not stored under water because it Tarnishes.
11. Burning Kerosene gives CO2 + H2O
12. Dissolution of Calcium in water gives CaO.
13. All Nitrates are Soluble in water. Also, all nitrates unstable to heat.
14. N2O is the first Anaesthetic man ever used.
15. The flame used by welders is called Oxy-acetylene flame
16. Consecutive members of the Alkane homologous series differ by CH2.
17. The difference between drying and dehydration is that drying is removal of water while dehydration is the removal of elements of water (Hydrogen and oxygen).
18. Benzene is an Aromatic hydrocarbon.
19. Atomic mass is the number of proton and neutron in the nucleus of an atom.
20. Atomic number is the number of Proton an atom has.
21. Electrons revolve around the atom while Proton and Neutron are inside the Nucleus of the Atom.
22. Radioactivity is the spontaneous disintegration of the nuclei of an atom to emit energy and radiations such as ALPHA PARTICLES, BETA PARTICLES AND GAMMA RAYS.
23. Alpha particles have the least penetrating power. Beta particles can be stopped by Aluminium foil while Gamma rays can only be stopped by LEAD BLOCK.
24. The ability of CARBON to form long chains, branched chains and ring is called catenation.
25. Elements that can combine with carbon to give compounds are:
26. Aliphatic Hydrocarbons could be Cyclic, Acyclic or Alicyclic.
27. Pure substances have definite boiling point and melting point.
28. Example of radioactive material are Uranium, Thorium and Polonium.
29. The most notable scientist who contributed to the development of Periodic table between 1817 ti 1895 was Dmitri T. Mendeleev
30. The fourth and fifth period contains 18 elements each.
31. Elements in the same group are called CONGENERS.
32. Free Hydrogen (H2) is the lightest gas known.
33. Viscosity is the resistance to flow in liquids.
34. Water starts boiling when the saturated vapour pressure is equal to the atmospheric pressure.
35. Factors affecting boiling points of organic compounds are branching, volatility, polarity and impurity.
36. The most reactive nonmetal known is fluorine.
37. Impurity increases boiling point but reduces melting point.
38. Ernest Rutherford is the father of nuclear science.
39. Radioactivity can also be called transmutation.
40. NUCLEAR ENERGY is produced by Nuclear fission and Nuclear fusion.
41. Energy from the Sun is as a result of Nuclear fusion but reaches the earth via Radiation (Correction Credit: Saheed Soneye).
42. The two types of radioactivity are natural radioactivity and artificial radioactivity.
43. Every nucleus is positive.
44. For solid which sublime, sublimation can be used to isolate the solid from its impurities if the impurities themselves do not sublime.
45. CRAO. Reduction takes place in cathode and oxidation occurs in the anode.
46. Compound that rotates plane polarised light is said to be optically active.
47. Cathode ray tube was the forerunner of today’s television tube.
48. R.A Millikan found the charge of an electron to be -1.60×10-19C
49. Antoine Becquerel discovered Radioactivity while Marie Curie suggested the name “Radioactivity”.
50. Each Hydrogen spectrum produces six series and each series produces lines while each line has a specific wavelength.
51. Venus is the only planet that rotates in opposite direction to others
52. The atmosphere is composed of 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and 1% other gases including Co2, water vapour, the noble gases, dust and air pollutants.
Part 2: 25 Jamb Chemistry Key Points
- The lithosphere is composed of rocks and soil
- The industrial preparation of HNO3 is carried out using Ostwalds’s process
- Heavy chemicals are those chemicals used in large quantities in Industries.
- The most used chemical in industries is H2SO4.
- NaOH is used for making soap
- Fine chemicals are not produced in large quantities. However, they are produced with a high degree of accuracy, e.g AgBr. Fine chemicals include drugs.
- Thermite process is used for Welding broken ends of metal parts.
- Bessemer process is used for the production of steel
- Acheson process is used to produce Graphite
- Nigerian Crude oil is called sweet because of its low sulphur content.
- Alkanals can be oxidized but Alkanones cannot, why? It is because Alkanals have an oxidizable hydrogen atom attached to the carbonyl carbon but Alkanones do not.
- Newspaper appear yellow after prolonged exposure to the Atmosphere because the bleaching action of SO2 from which they were made is reversed by atmospheric oxidation.
- Atoms with the same mass number but different atomic numbers are referred to as Isobars
- Amines have a characteristic fishy smell
- Aromatic compounds are those with one or more benzene rings.
- Aliphatic compounds are those with open chains as well as cyclic compounds that do not have benzene ring in their structure.
- Hydrocarbons are compounds that contain carbon and hydrogen only.
- Water is not added to acid because it could cause an explosion. Addition of water to acid is violently exothermic.
- Bunsen Burner is used for heating and for exposing items to flame
- Methane is called fire damp because it is the main cause of explosion in poorly ventilated coal mines.
- There are basically two types of radioactivity viz natural and artificial radioactivity
- Oxygen is the most abundant element in the earth crust.
- Nigerian crude oil is called light because it has a low density due to its composition of low molecular weight hydrocarbons.
- An Oxide that dissolves in water to form acid is called Acid Anhydride
- Metal is an element that ionizes by the loss of (electrons)
Jamb Series Part 28: 75 Hot Key Points In Jamb Chemistry. Feel free to share this post with friends using the share buttons below and do not fail to drop your comment.
Question for You: What is the most reactive metal known?
Other Guide On The Series: Part 1 to 15: Summary of part one to fifteen Part 16: Join my Jamb WhatsApp Group Part 17: Books to Read for English Part 18: Textbook to read for Jamb Maths Part 19. Book to read for Jamb Biology Part 20: Jamb chemistry textbook Part 21: Books to jark for Economics Part 22: Agric books to glance through Part 23: Jamb Physics recommended text Part 24: Books to read for Geography Part 25: Books to read for Jamb government Part 26: How to blast jamb English Part 27: How to solve Jamb maths without a calculator > See the latest post on my Jamb series.