How do I solve Jamb mathematics without scientific calculator since most of the questions require the use of scientific calculator? This question shall be fully addressed in this article.
Like you may know, Jamb doesn’t allow the use of scientific calculator. However, you will be given a basic calculator. This calculator is generally referred to as Jamb calculator.
The major drawbacks of the Jamb calculator in solving maths are as follows:
- It doesn’t have trigonometric functions like sine, cos and tan.
- It doesn’t have logarithmic and exponential functions.
- There are no integral and different functions in Jamb calculator.
- You cannot use it to solve advance surds.
- It is a single line calculator.
Now, you may be wondering how to solve the hot jamb topics above without the use of powerful calculator. Let me show you the various ways to solve Jamb mathematics without the use of scientific calculator…
How To Solve Jamb UTME 2020 Trig Ratios Without Calculator
The only trig ratios that Jamb set in UTME examination are special angles. Special angles usually have standard values that you should know. You don’t need calculator to attempt them.
For example, if you are required to find the value of Sin90° in Jamb, you don’t need to punch your calculator. Sin90° is a standard trigonometric function with standard answer. Simply, Sin90° = 1.
Simply, Sin90° = 1.
How To Solve Jamb Special Angles:
- sin 45° = cos 45° = (√2)/2tan 45° = 1
- sin 30° = ½, sin 60° = (√3)/2cos 30° = (√3)/2, cos 60° = ½tan 30° = (√3)/3, tan 60° = √3
- For angle A = 0, 30° 45° 60° 90° — or 0, π/6, π/4, π/3, π/2 —sin A = √0/2, √1/2, √2/2, √3/2, √4/2cos A = √4/2, √3/2, √2/2, √1/2, √0/2tan A = 0, √3/3, 1, √3, undefined
How To Solve Jamb Logarithm Without Calculator
Jamb usually gives you the standard log values to use. All you need to do is simplify the expression and then substitute the standard logarithm values given.
The standard values are usually given after the questions. You would see something like; Take log10 = 1 and log15 = 1.1760912590556811. Hope you understand?
Properties of Logarithms
- loga 1 = 0 because a0 = 1
- No matter what the base is, as long as it is legal, the log of 1 is always 0. That’s because logarithmic curves always pass through (1,0)
- loga a = 1 because a1 = a
- Any value raised to the first power is that same value.
- loga ax = x
- The log base a of x and a to the x power are inverse functions. Whenever inverse functions are applied to each other, they inverse out, and you’re left with the argument, in this case, x.
- loga x = loga y implies that x = y
- If two logs with the same base are equal, then the arguments must be equal.
- loga x = logb x implies that a = b
- If two logarithms with the same argument are equal, then the bases must be equal.
How To Solve Differentiation And Integration In Jamb Mathematics
Generally, Jamb differentiation and integration questions don’t require the use of calculator. You would be given questions as simple as ABC. E.g Integrate SinΘ. The calculus part of jamb maths is usually fun to solve.
Conclusion: It is true that Jamb doesn’t give out scientific calculator to candidates. However, you got all it takes to attempt all Jamb maths without Big calculators. The basic calculator given by Jamb is enough for you to score very high in Jamb 2020 mathematics.
See Also: How to pass Jamb once and for all
Question for You: Do you still remember the laws of indices?
Other Guide On The Series:
Part 1 to 15: Summary of part one to fifteen
Part 16: Join my Jamb WhatsApp Group
Part 17: Books to Read for English
Part 18: Textbook to read for Jamb Maths
Part 19. Book to read for Jamb Biology
Part 20: Jamb chemistry textbook
Part 21: Books to jark for Economics
Part 22: Agric books to glance through
Part 23: Jamb Physics recommended text
Part 24: Books to read for Geography
Part 25: Books to read for Jamb government
Part 26: How to blast jamb English
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB VIDEOS ON ALL TOPICS AND SUBJECTS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING JAMB GUIDE
- Jamb Series With Flash Isaac Part One (1) To Fifteen (15)
- Jamb Series Part 1: The Basic Things You Should Know About Jamb
- The Easiest Subjects To Pass In Waec And Jamb
- Jamb Series Part 26: How To Score Higher Than 80 In Jamb Use Of English
- 65 Mistakes Jamb Students Make In Use Of English And Corrections