Engineering is one of the best courses to go for in Nigeria right now. You may want to click here for other hot cake courses in Nigeria or keep reading about how to study Engineering Courses in Jamb 2020.
Now, Engineering is very competitive in Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics. This implies that so many persons put in Engineering yearly while registering for Jamb at approved Jamb CBT Centres. As a result of this competition, the post utme cut off mark for Engineering is usually high.
You need to do very well in Jamb 2020 If you are aiming to study Engineering in hot cake Universities like OAU, UNIBEN, UNILAG, LASU, DELSU, ABU, UI, UNN, UNILORIN, UNIPORT, FUTO, FUTA, FUNAAB and so on.
Also, you may be thinking,” why should I score very high in Jamb since post utme will still be conducted?” It is very simple. Your Jamb score is added to your post utme score to arrive at your final score (Aggregate). The higher your Jamb score, the more your chance of gaining admission.
It will interest you to know that there are many departments in Engineering. If you have not decided on the “best Engineering department or course” to go for, then I will suggest Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
RECOMMENDED A. BLAST 2020 POST UTME WITH FLASHLEARNERS
The following are popular departments under the Faculty of Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Production Engineering.
- Mechatronic Engineering
Recommended: Five persons you must meet to pass Jamb
Analysis Of Engineering Subjects Combination In Jamb
How to study for Engineering in Jamb is directly proportional to the subjects you are to sit for in the Joint admission and matriculation Board’s (JAMB) Examination. The Jamb subjects combination for Engineering are:
- Use Of English
Jamb Use Of English For Engine Boys:
Looking at the four subjects above, Science students have big challenge in one of them. Without beating about the bush, most science students are scared of English.
While many science students agree that they are not good at English, others assume that English doesn’t need to be studied.
Now, don’t assume that you know English; actually know it. Ensure to cover everything Jamb Use of English syllabus expects you to know. To do very well in use of English, ensure that you have the following tools:
- Jamb English Syllabus
- Jamb English Past Questions
- Flashlearnes Jamb App
- Jamb series with flash isaac
- How I will help you pass
Don’t study outside the Jamb syllabus. The aim is not to look intelligent but to pass Jamb once and for all.
After all these, don’t be disappointed when your lowest score in Jamb comes from the Use of English. It is normal for science students to score low in English Language (Your case may the different).
For many Jamb candidates going for Engineering, Mathematics is not a problem. Because of this, they ignore the subject and so end up getting disappointed at their score in Maths.
The beauty of Jamb mathematics is that it is very easy. Just understand the topic and the formulars to use, then you are good to go.
For those going for Engineering, Mathematics is the easiest subject to score high in Jamb 2020. Ensure to score as high mark as possible in your mathematics.
Nobody really loves Physics. Some of us just pretend that it is our best subject. Physics in one subject that doesn’t respect the fact that you know the formula.
Whether you know the formulae or not, you still need to use your “coconut”. You need to always think outside the box to get the correct answers.
One thing about Jamb Physics is that all the options seem correct. You need to be very careful and smart to pick the right option. Generally, Physics require you to think deep.
Engineers And Jamb Chemistry:
Chemistry is volatile; you need to be versatile. Chemistry is not difficult, just that it is one subject you can easily forget.
You can study a topic in chemistry today, understand it, then forget the next day. Because of this, many students tend to conclude that chemistry is very difficult to understand.
The more you study chemistry, the more you are used to it. The book you study all the time becomes part of you while the one you are scared of runs away from you gradually.
If you leave chemistry for one week, chemistry will leave you for one month. Don’t cheat on chemistry too much with other subjects. Chemistry is easily heart-broken.
Read Also: How to fall in love with Chemistry
Top Mistakes Of Jamb Candidates Going For Engineering
Engineering aspirants make many mistakes. In my years of research, I have discovered that this behaviour has continued to eat deep into science students (Especially those going for Engineering).
You may be wondering, what are the top mistakes? Below are top mistakes those going for Engineering make in Jamb.
- They focus only on the subjects they love.
- Finish the book once and think there is no need to go over it.
- They think English doesn’t need to be studied.
- They know little and try to impress girls with the little they know.
- Your parents and village people believe you are too intelligent and it’s getting into your head.
- You think you are the best. You are now feeling bigger than your teachers.
- They love to cram past questions.
- They shake hands with procrastination.
- They hate Jamb recommended Novels.
- They depend on Jamb expo. Answers won’t be sent to you via sms.
Which of the mistakes above are you currently making and why?
Bored? Click here now to Check out the 12 reasons your village people don’t want you to continue reading.
How Those Who Want To Study Engineering Should Read For Jamb
I have been able to explain what you need to know about your chosen course of study in Jamb 2020. You should be aware of how to handle your Jamb subjects.
Apart from trying to impress the babes, there are other things you could do as an Engineering aspirant to score high in jamb.
Some Engineering students are so good at teaching girls that they end up scoring lower than the fine girls they taught. I know what I am talking about (Trust me, I am an Engineer).
Now, you need hard work and consistency. You have a whole lot to cover, the earlier you start, the better. Don’t imitate those applying for less competitive courses.
Life Saving Tips:
In summary, the following are tips on how you should study since you want to go for Engineering:
- Study as if your life depends on it
- Don’t aim less than 250 in Jamb 2020/2021
- Take the use of English very serious.
- Visit flashlearners.com daily.
- So long you still have time, finish as many textbooks as possible
- If you have the money and opportunity, don’t study a subject with only on textbook.
- You must now learn to study for long hours
- Learn to now use past questions like never before. Don’t cram past questions; understand everything.
- Practice Jamb past questions online
- Get all the required textbooks
- You need to have a strong jarking habit
- Understand that Jamb official website is www.jamb.org.ng
What You Must Do:
To score very high, you need Flashlearners Jamb CBT App. It is currently the best software to study and blast Jamb 2020.
Other Recommended Articles:
- 15 ways flashlearners will help you passs
- How to prepare and pass Jamb in two weeks
- How to score high in Jamb
- Highest scores in last year Jamb
- How to study for long hours
Hope you found this helpful? Feel free to share with others using the share buttons and don’t fail to drop your comment.
Other Guide On The Series: Recommended: Summary of part 1 to 15 Read Also: Summary of part 16 to 30 > See Latest Post On My Jamb Series
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. SSCE, JAMB AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST UPDATES FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING JAMB GUIDE
- When 2020 UNILAG Direct Entry (DE) Form Will Be Out - Mar 29, 2020
- When UNILAG 2020 Post UTME Form Will Be Out - Mar 29, 2020
- Latest Update On UNILAG 2020 Post UTME Form And Screening - Mar 29, 2020