What textbook should I use for 2024 Jamb English and how do I get them? This is the question of so many Jamb UTME candidates. This question gets hotter every day because the Jamb Use of English is a compulsory subject in Jamb UTME Examination.
Now, for how to get the recommended English textbooks by Jamb and other useful materials you should use to prepare for Jamb, they are all in bookshops and Jamb tutorial centres around you. Take a look at the books I recommend for Jamb use of English so as to pass very well. They are very easy to understand.
When it comes to preparing for your studies, it’s not always necessary to acquire an extensive collection of books. In fact, having a select few high-quality books can be sufficient for your academic needs. Let’s delve into the benefits and considerations of choosing a limited number of books for your study:
1. Focus and Depth: By limiting the number of books you use, you can concentrate your attention on a smaller set of resources. This allows for a deeper understanding of the content, as you can spend more time exploring and absorbing the material without spreading yourself too thin across numerous texts. Quality over quantity is a guiding principle here, as thorough and thoughtful engagement with a limited number of books can yield excellent results.
2. Time Management: Having fewer books to work with can help streamline your study process and prevent information overload. You can allocate your time more efficiently by diving into the selected books and fully immersing yourself in their content. This focused approach enables you to spend more time actively learning and less time sifting through a multitude of resources.
3. Consistency and Retention: Working with a smaller number of books allows for consistent revisiting of key concepts and reinforcement of essential knowledge. By repeatedly reviewing the material within your chosen texts, you can enhance your retention and understanding of the subject matter. Consistency in studying the same material from different angles can also facilitate connections and deeper insights.
4. Cost and Accessibility: Acquiring numerous books can be financially burdensome, especially if they are not readily available or accessible in your location. Opting for two or three well-selected books can help alleviate these concerns. Additionally, digital resources or online libraries can provide convenient access to a wider range of texts, allowing you to supplement your chosen books when necessary.
5. Personal Learning Style: Different individuals have varying preferences in terms of learning styles and resources. Some learners thrive with a focused and minimalistic approach, while others prefer to have a broader range of materials at their disposal. Consider your personal learning style and determine what works best for you. Experimenting with a few books initially can help you gauge the effectiveness of your chosen resources and adjust your study approach accordingly.
It’s important to note that while limiting the number of books can be advantageous, it’s crucial to ensure that the chosen texts align with your curriculum and cover the required topics adequately. Take the time to research and select books that are highly recommended, well-regarded, and aligned with your educational goals.
Remember, the aim is to have a balanced study approach that allows for focused learning, deep comprehension, and effective time management. Whether you opt for two or three books or decide to expand your collection later on, the key is to leverage the resources you have chosen to their fullest potential, actively engage with the content, and apply what you learn in a meaningful way.
Note: You don’t need to get all the books. Two or three (even just one of them) might just be okay for you. However, you are free to get more if you like.
In addition, if you feel that your current English textbook is okay, feel free to use it. What matters is that your book covers the Jamb syllabus.
Books You Should Read For Jamb Use Of English
- The new testament of the Use of English by Joseph Omofomah (AKA Son of Man). You could contact me to get this book. Check here to place an order now.
- Dandy English
- Bamgbose, A. (2002). English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Banjo, A. Ayodele, S. and Ndahi, K. S. (1997). Exam Focus: English for WASSCE and SSCE, Ibadan UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003). Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited.
- Egbe, D. I (1996). Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989). Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman.
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002). Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Obinna, M. F. (2001). University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited.
- Comprehensive English.
Jamb Series Part 17: Books Worth Reading For Jamb Use Of English. If you found any other useful Jamb English textbook, feel free to share with us using the comment box and don’t fail to share this post with friends.
Recommended: Summary of Jamb sweet 16
Question for You: Which textbook have you been reading for English?
Other Guide On The Series:
Part 1 to 15: Summary of part one to fifteen
pt 16: Join my Jamb WhatsApp Group
> See latest post on my Jamb series.
Salaudeen Abdulahi says
Thanks so much for this
suitable books for chemistry jamb text book