If you have ever wondered how to upload your Android App file to WordPress, this article is for you. I am about to teach you how to upload .apk applications and other file types to your wordpress media library without stress.
By default, WordPress doesn’t allow you upload .apk files to their library. You will get the error message, “sorry, this file type is not permitted for reasons“. However, you can achieve that with the help of a plugin and simple code.
How To Upload Android App To WordPress
There are two major simple steps required for you to upload your android application file to wordpress library so that your visitors can download the app directly without issues. The process are:
- Install and activate the Plugin “WP Add Mime Types” which is developed by Kimiya Kitani.
- Go to the plugin settings and add the code below (then save).
apk = application/vnd.android.package-archive
That, all… You can now upload your .apk files without issues. This is an alternative to datafilehost, cloudinary and services that host files externally.
Feel free to ask me any question using the comment box and don’t fail to share this tutorial with friends. Remember, sharing is caring!
RECOMMENDED A. GET JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP
See Also: Amazing season two of my blogging series
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST UPDATES FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING BLOGGING GUIDE
- Learn Blogging SO5E2: Check How Your Blog Or Website Looks On Different Devices
- Solution To Pictures In Uploads But Not in WordPress Media 2020
- Google Analytics Real Time Different From Metric Total (Active Users)
- How to Check Your Blog Health Without WordPress Plugin 2020
- What to Do If a Blogger Reports You to Google (DMCA)