Fully Funded EMBL Executive Research International Fellowships 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded EMBL Executive Research International Fellowships are stated below:
1. At least four years of full-time equivalent research or development experience (including first experience in technology development), after the university degree.
2. University degree in natural sciences or related STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) at the level that theoretically entitles to enroll in a PhD
3. A high level of skills (postdoctoral standard) or expertise in a specialization in which doctoral degrees are not usually awarded. Experience can be both in academic or non-academic sectors, but must be relevant to the research fields of our groups and teams that are participating in the program.
4. Strong research potential that can be shown through eg., scientific publications, (scientific) software, unique or problematic data sets, technical documentation or similar, contributions to patents, examples of management of technology development projects, or detailed description of any other innovative research you have performed and your achievements or through other ways to demonstrate experience relevant to technology-development and scientific services.
5. Capacity to work independently and think creatively
6. Fluency in English (written and oral)
7. Ability to work collaboratively, and communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals across the organization
8. Good time-management and organization skills.
The benefits for the Fully Funded EMBL Executive Research International Fellowships are stated below:
The salary that the fellows will get is set by the EMBL council and is reviewed once a year based on the inflation rates.
Starting from 1 January 2022, the following fellowship rates/salaries for EMBL Fellows are valid.
|EMBL Fellowship rates with|
The effect from 1 January 2022
|Monthly stipend (first year)||3.519,77 €||3.178,91 €||2.883,07 €||£2.869,24||2.818,27 €|
|Monthly stipend (second year)||3.871,74 €||3.496,79 €||3.171,38 €||£3.156,16||3.100,10 €|
|Monthly stipend (third year)||3.929,82 €||3.549,24 €||3.218,94 €||£3.203,50||3.146,60 €|
From these rates, only employee contribution to social insurance gets deducted, in total 11,97%.
In addition, Fellows in unions and with dependent children receive family and child allowances.
Total living allowances for ARISE fellows, including salaries, employer and employee contribution to social security, and taxes, come up to 4666 Euro/month, averaged for all EMBL sites and years of the fellowship.
You will get trained for jobs in research infrastructures (core facilities, data services, synchrotrons, etc.) and attend over 60 courses on how to provide and plan services, manage the operation of diverse infrastructure, manage staff and finances, handle innovation and collaboration with industry, do strategic planning, and understand science policy and funding system.
How to Apply
The application procedure occurs online through the online application form.
Supporting Documents: Applications must include a project description, the applicant’s current CV, and a support letter from their supervisor at their home institute.
Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement.
Language Requirement: All international students must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.
I hope you find this article helpful.